Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Thanks !!

Ah, okay thanks!

So if we are not selected for BU we can still move our application to regular decision is my understanding? If that’s true, how would we go about it?

is NJMS interview invites rolling?
How many total BS /MD interviews does NJMS send and how many gets selected?
If we did not get an invite so far, means we are rejected?

NJMS will review the applications as they get them, IMO. It seems NJIT BSMD forwarded applicants are being called for interview now. You may call NJIT to get any feedback they may have it from NJMS BSMD about your application. It is likely that if you are rejected once by NJMS BSMD from one feeder, they may not review your application again if forwarded by another (a different feeder) school. NJIT and TCNJ are two major feeders to NJMS, others are very very small in comparison.

You should call BU admission office and specifically request a consideration for BU UG only.

IMO, it is highly unlikely if NJMS BSMD rejects you once, they will consider your application for NJMS BSMD again if forwarded by another feeder school.
IMO, if you will apply in 4 years in future via regular MD to NJMS, it will be a fresh start. Although you may have to disclose at that time that you have previously applied to NJMS BSMD program.

Have we started getting responses from BU? I read about someone getting an interview call. Just did not know if others have been called. We have not heard anything.

Click on the “view application status and upload links” *big yellow box below blue secure your seat. once you go in, you will see the application - click etc.

1 Like

@Geek13, Were you interviewed by NJIT before they forwarded your application to NJMS? Did you receive interview invitations from Rutgers-Newark and Stevens?

@Geek13 - did rutgers send an email for honors or on the portal ? My D did not receive any honors or NJMS invite.

yes, my son was interviewed by NJIT and his application was forwarded to NJMS. He was interviewed by Rutger but did not get any response after this

Did not get anything, the portal provides the same info as before (application complete)

Ok… my D was also interviewed by Rutgers and no update after that.
Not sure if anyone who was interviewed by Rutgers have heard anything after the interview.

People who got interview invite from NJMS - are you able to register for an interview slot? We are getting an error when clicking submit button after entering 6 digit SSN. Emailed NJMS but no response yet.

Have not heard from Stevens Inst yet.
Reached out to admissions, they said Brianne Kain will be contacting applicants this month.

REA acceptance from Stanford is not like ED.

1 Like

It is too early to know whether one will be admitted to NJMS BSMD. The results from NJMS interview will not be known until the start of April 2021.

no. still get the same error.

Just wanted a clarification. My child was forwarded from NJIT to NJMS, and has also interviewed with TCNJ but does not know whether the application has been forwarded. Have all the NJMS interviews via forwards from NJIT been completed? Or are others still waiting to hear on an interview call?