Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

The NJIT honors interview was back in mid nov and then late dec I received an email regarding being pushed to NJMS…i’m not sure if they are completely over but don’t give up hope!

1 Like

Thank you@ Hope!

Harvard and Yale will contact you for an interview, if available. There is no option to request one.

For Dartmouth - someone from college will contact you

@9the0girl7 You can always call RPI and TCNJ BSMD admission office and ask about the status of your application and have a peace of mind.

@Sooriya2021 You can always call NJIT Honors and ask for the status of your NJMS BSMD application and have a peace of mind.

Have you checked your portal? Does it say Honors College Admit?

Are you sure Honors College Admit means anything more than admittance to ADHC ? It does not answer whether all preliminary NJIT BSMD interviews are over and all those selected by NJIT have been forwarded to NJMS. The best answer is obtained by calling NJIT Honors and asking for the status of your NJMS BSMD application. The worst answer may be the preliminary interviews are over and one has not been forwarded to NJMS. One may be selected for a few BSMD interviews and rejected by some. It is all a part of BSMD process.

No, that is not what I mean though. If one is not admitted to Honors, then one cannot be admitted or forwarded to the program so I was just encouraging @Sooriya2021 to check the portal, because if it does not say Honors Admit then they have the answer and there may be no point in calling them.

2 Likes

So non-admittance to ADHC is an indicator of a negative outcome for NJIT/NJMS BSMD. IMO, most BSMD applicants are strong candidates for ADHC admittance and an award of merit scholarship.

My portal says only applied Honors… that’s it. Nothing forwarded.

Thank you for all. I am expecting rejection maybe… It’s ok.

Sorry. Keep your head up though. You win some, you lose some.

It is almost 2AM and I just submitted my GAPplication. Feels like a weight lifted off of my shoulders :smile:

2 Likes

Call them and ask what is happening.

Have you received the link for PMM inetrview? We have still not received it.

I haven’t received the link either

Good morning all. What is the word count for stony brooks honors program
essay? it says “brief statement”

Not yet. My S checked this morning and he said nothing for PMM

We are planning on emailing them by the end of the day today if we don’t receive the link by then.

1 Like