Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Yes, my S received as well. Thanks.

2 Likes

We got it too!

1 Like

SBU BS/MD requires admission to any one of the three honors programs- The Honors College, University Scholars, WISE. Last one is only for women.

1 Like

Does the deadline extension to FEB 1 for SBU apply to both Honors program and BS MD ?

I don’t think so. BS MD is Jan 15th and Honors is Feb 1st.

Looks like it’s Feb 1st for everything. My D tried to call to them to confirmed but no one was answering.

https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/wise/college/scholars.php

I have my interview with Caldwell University scheduled tomorrow for their program with NJMS. Does anyone have any tips? This is just the first interview, not the one with the medical school

I haven’t had an interview with Caldwell itself but in general, just be yourself! They are not going to try to grill you. Have a well thought out answer to “Why Medicine?” and let your passions come across (both medical and stuff you do for fun). Good luck and have fun!

not sure about Caldwell but I interviewed with NJIT for the BSMD affiliation with NJMS and MANY of the questions were related to medicine and grilling me on specific parts of medicine. However like medman16 mentioned, be yourself! You got this!

1 Like

Traditionally, when do UMKC interview invites come out? The website said january but does anyone know somewhat of an exact date?

D just got AMC interview from Union. Seems like they started 2nd round of interview invites.

5 Likes

Congratulations
 when did she submit her supplemental?

Submitted 12/8

1 Like

For anyone who is interested, I contacted AMC and they said they are evaluaitng on a last-name basis. So if you haven’t gotten one yet, it may be because your last name is towards the end of the alphabet.

2 Likes

That is good information. Thank you @Grandmaster88

What do you mean by specific parts of medicine? Like problems with the healthcare system?

Thank you so much for that information @Grandmaster88!

Is this for all 3 feeders? Looks like only Union and RPI candidates have gotten interviews so far

Thank you for posting this. Much appreciated

Does anyone know if you must be admitted to Rutgers-Newark Honors college for acceptance into their BA-MD program?