Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

No, RU-N honors college is invite-only and the application was due Jan 10th. I’m pretty sure BSMD applicants don’t get invited for it because the Honors College requirements can’t fit into three years.

1 Like

Hey y’all! I’m a 3rd year BS/MD Candidate in the Undergraduate to Medical School Initiative Program at Texas Tech University - when I was on the application cycle I wished I had more ECs specific to medicine, so my nonprofit The STEM & Leaf Corps is offering a program for y’all!!

This spring semester we are offering 11 topics including Modern Healthcare, Public Health in the Hispanic Community, and biotechnology! If you’re interested check it out here: stemleafcorps .com/special-topics-program

The deadline to apply is Friday, January 22, 2021!

1 Like

@rk1235rk
FYI, medical school may monitor social media. It is a usual medical school interview with a faculty member and everything in your application is a fair game. Know yourself.

Thank you so much! You have helped calm our nerves so much hahah

Thanks for that information! The BA-MD webpage of RU-N doesn’t talk anything about honors college. RU-N Honors college webpage doesn’t say anything about 3 or 4 years. So I was not sure if Honors college was a requirement for BA-MD.

Based on an earlier post on this forum, UMKC results could be either end of this week or sometime next week. Last year they came around Jan 17th.

Did anyone get update from UIC GPPA or decision letter?

We are also waiting for UIC GPPA medicine. Did they start rolling out interviews?

has anyone else received a supplemental application today through albany med (i applied through RPI)? when i try to access the application after logging in with the credentials, it says that the supplemental application has expired. is anyone else experiencing this? I’ll be calling them tomorrow.

When I received my supplemental application I had the same issue. However, the day after I got the supplement the portal worked. I figured the system needed some time to update or something. I would try again tomorrow and definitely call if you still cannot access the essays.

thank you!

Any update on upstate interview for people applied through Syracuse or UAlbany?

We have still not received the link for the current student interview. Is anyone in that situation?

We have still not received the link for the current student interview. Is anyone else waiting for that link?

They asked us to call/email them, if we will not receive the details by 3:00pmEST. So, wait until 3pm

Thanks. Yes thats what we were also told. But just wondering if there are others out there who are in a similar situation.

we received current student interview link about an hour ago.

3 Likes

We just got it. Thanks.

1 Like

Any tips for PMM interview!

For those attending the PMM pre-interview meeting tonight - What’s the dress code? Full interview attire or business casual?