Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

My S done with PMM interview and the faculty told him that the decision will be around mid February.

All kids who interviewed are well deserved kids whether they make it or not. Good luck to all kids

3 Likes

Same here - we have not heard anything yet from NJMS

I got the interview for Stevens! So pumped!!!

By the way, thanks to all senior members and anyone who contributes to this thread. Seeing live updates on interview statuses really eases the anxiety. I truly appreciate everyone’s dedication to eachothers’ success :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Given the PMM interviews were so chill and informal, I wonder how do they select who to choose and who to reject? Specially when we say that all kids are on the same level field during interview stage (their scores, essay etc. don’t matter anymore)? What do they get out of 25-30 mins of causal talk?

2 Likes

@Vicky2019 @NoviceDad
Yes, AMC sent a rejection letter by mistake and he got an interview invite by email and the letter uploaded under his AMC supplemental portal. He scheduled his interview on March 2nd. Thanks for your notes.

1 Like

supplemental essays include medical scholars right?

Its possible that some interviewees had bad interviews.

All the best to the PMM interviewees. You should be v proud of yourselves for having come this far.

My AMC interview is tmmw so I was wondering if anyone had any tips for MMI style interview questions?

Hi, I’m a current student in BU SMED. For BU there are about 80-100 interviewees and about 35 accepted. 20-25 matriculate. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Any idea approx. how many applications they receive?

Last year, heard it was around 1000. With overall trend, I think near 1100 this year is my guess.

2 Likes

it says 1000

My D’s interview with the faculty was very formal and tons of questions. The interviewer was very kind and polite but it was a serious professional interview. Not casual by any measure.

Got Hofstra UG admission decision with Presidential Scholarship, still working on supplement for 4+4. I see the option to upload the supplement on the Hofstra portal. Planning to take Casper Test on Jan 17th. Long way to go I guess!

1 Like

Any BU calls today?

Got Stevens interview invite today.

Any tips on interview?

Nothing from BU today.