Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Is it GW/GW or SBU/GW?

I have not received anything yet from GW program.

Yup! Got an email…no change on portal. Most schools seem to be sending out rolling invites this year

1 Like

Neither have we, the portal just says notification for semi-finalist will be in e-mail at end of January.

I don’t know for sure. Siena definitely had the latest deadline for the supplemental app

Hey everyone. I am a new user. I just wanted to ask did anyone apply to Sophie Davis? I would greatly appreciate it if any of you did can notify me if you got an interview notification just to know that they officially started giving out interviews. Thank you so much. Good luck everyone.

Anyone with Purchase as feeder for Upstate received interviews?

No email for us from GW

Has anyone heard anything about interviews for Temple’s Health Scholar Program?

It came via an email. The email stated:

You will soon be hearing from GW’s School of Medicine and Health Sciences about scheduling your interview for the program. Interviews will be held on Monday, February 8, and Tuesday, February 9. Of course, due to the pandemic, all interviews will be virtual.

Our office is arranging a virtual event so that you can interact with current students in the B.A./M.D. program and hear more about all the great opportunities for pre-health students at GW. Watch your inbox for that invitation in the coming weeks.

1 Like

It is for GW/GW

1 Like

Nope

@Steeler319

No, but you can at least check to make sure you got accepted to the Honors college. That’s step 1. My kid didnt so he knew he was out of the running there for Health Scholars

Is this true a “C” grade is OK for BU SMED ? Temple does not allow any grade below “B-” for any class taken at Temple for Temple Health Scholars to matriculate to LKSOM. The UG GPA requirement is also pretty low (UG GPA 3.2 BU SMED vs UG GPA 3.6 for Temple) for BU SMED. What a low bar for such a popular program ? No wonder every one seems to meet these weak academic requirements at BU SMED and its popularity may be due to these low requirements.

Is your child who is out of the running for the Temple Health Scholars the same child who got a GW interview invite? Congratulations on the GW interview by the way!

1 Like

The pre-med science (General Chem, Organic Chem, Physics ) are weed out classes at every major university ( IMO, a lot of “C” grades are given routinely). Nothing special about BU/ BU SMED classes.

1 Like

Thank you. Mine was accepted to the Honors College so hoping for the best - good luck with GW!

@2021applicant45

Yes. So far his progress has been:
-Didn’t make it to interview/supplement with Penn, Pitt, Temple (but accepted UG)
-GW offered interview
-Drexel and Hofstra have moved him to next level but haven’t determined interview status
-TBD: Case, BU, Brown, Rochester, VCU

He still has the attitude if he makes it to one, amazing. If not we’ll he will see them via the traditional route

1 Like

Thank you and best of luck!

1 Like

The interview invite for Temple Health Scholar should be out soon. It will likely be scheduled during mid-Feb 2021.