Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Does anyone know what the Verification of Family Member College/ University Enrollment is in the GW Financial Aid Documents Checklist and where I can find that form?

Wow, with a 4.0 UG GPA and a MCAT score greater than 95% , one should have applied to Harvard medical school.

Got a rejection from VCU :frowning:

Also got a rejection :frowning:

Sorry to hear that. Did you get email/phone/portal/postal mail?

rejection from VCU too

Email!

Also rejected from VCU :frowning:

got a rejection too

Did simple math to put BU SMED glorifying to rest. Based on assumptions that BU BS/MD scores 95-100 percentile, I pick 98th percentile score 520. Also all of them are scoring very good in academics, I pick 3.9 GPA. That derives the figures for non-BS/MD matriculants as under. Class size and averages are directly from https://www.bumc.bu.edu/busm/admissions/introduction-to-busm/class-profile/

Class Size GPA MCAT
BS/MD 22 3.9 520
Non-BS/MD 103 3.65 516.36
Total 125 3.69 517

2 questions.

• Why high GPA non-BS/MD are not matriculating to BU?
  • Why non-BS/MD MCAT is skewed more towards other side of average than towards BS/MD MCAT score?
1 Like

Looks like lot of rejections from VCU. Sorry to hear. Did you all got the email just now/today? Anyone got any email stating otherwise? We have not received any email yet.

Email today few minutes ago.
It’s a good sign you did not any status update.

My D received VCU rejection by email.

DD Rejected for VCU :slightly_frowning_face:

Happy to inform - just got email for VCU interview.

6 Likes

Congratulations and all the very best.

Congrats!!

Congrats!! U seem to be the only one so far who’s gotten PMM, BU, and VCU. Good luck with your interviews!!

Also received VCU interview!

5 Likes

Kiddo just got an interview invite for VCU

6 Likes