Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Thanks. May be I am wrong… I will talk to my S and get back. What I remember was the amount that we paid and not sure abut the details that he filled :grin::grin::grin:.

Thank You!!
Did anyone get an email about UMKC?

Hi everyone! I’m relatively new here but here’s my update:

Rejected: Baylor2Baylor, UAB (OOS so it was expected)
Pending: URoch, UConn, Rice/Baylor, Case, Brown, Pitt, OU
Interview: BU

Not sure: GW/GW and UMKC (anyone receive rejections yet?)

Also applied to two in-state only BS/MDs, no update on those yet.

1 Like

For BU, is there a different attire for the interview with undergrad professor and medical school? I know it was discussed earlier, but I’m still unsure what to wear as a female. Some say suit jacket and blouse, but some say that’s too formal. Then there a people that say business casual is too casual. I’m absolutely lost :frowning:

I know there was speculation earlier on this thread about how many will receive interviews for BU. My info session had around 25 students and was told it was about a third of the interviewees. Guessing anywhere between 80-90 were invited. I think a little less than 40 get in. Also this year had double the applicants. Not sure what the usual amount of applicants is, but grateful to even get an interview.

1 Like

Yup! I was told the same info

1 Like

IIRC, After paying the fee, one should wait for an interview invite from Drexel Medical School.

2 Likes

Here is my S’s BSMD Status:
Accepted: CNU
Rejected: Baylor2Baylor (OOS)
Pending: BU, CWRU, U of Rochester, Hofstra, Stony Brook, FAU, and Brown (all OOS) Interview: None so far

3 Likes

Congratulations on the interview and welcome to the forum. You should go in business formal attire for both the interviews. Both are important and held on the same day, though we don’t know the weightage given in what proportion, 50:50 or 60:40 or 2/3 : 1/3

1 Like

We’ve heard nothing. But it is a long weekend so maybe Tuesday or sometime this coming week hopefully

Looks like SLU Presidential scholarship interview is a video of sorts. Asynchronous this year.

thank you! so definitely a suit jacket at least?

Sure thing …

1 Like

Do you’ve to apply for SLU presidential? I think my D missed it then.

Hopefully @doctorpenguin. I was waiting all week

1 Like

When will BU be calling for interviews until? I haven’t gotten one yet so I am wondering when I should give up hope :confused:

1 Like

Yes. DD applied separately. She is also got invited to submit series of videos.

1 Like

Thanks in advance.

Anyone give perspectives on AMC and SLU medical colleges?

My D received TCNJ interview. :smile: Those who are already done with the interview, can you please share what to expect in an interview? How long are they? Is there any information session before the interview?

Does anyone know stats for TCNJ? How many selected for interviews? How many are forwarded to NJMS? and finally how many students joing TCNJ/NJMS program?

5 Likes

Congrats !

My DS had a brief intro chat with the interviewer before he started with the interview, there was no intro or informational session.
The interview ran about 40 mins
There was no curve ball or freaky questions, just the usual common medical school interview questions.
Try not to get too nervous or talk too fast/high pitched.
What you say and how you say it both matters.

Good luck :smile:

1 Like

Congratulations!!! Who is the interviewer?