Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

My D has received BU and in BU information session, the lady said that they are done with sending invites. She also said they received twice the number of applications this year.

2 Likes

Got an email today from FAU stating “Your Self-Reported Student Academic Record (SSAR) has not yet been received. Once your application is complete, we will begin releasing admissions decisions in early October.”
I understand my S’s school is sending mid-year student academic records to the universities he has applied to, but I didn’t’ get quite well the FAU’s admissions decision release in early October part. I don’t thank FAU takes up 9-10 months for making an admission decision. When do they let the BSMD applicants know about their admission decision? Any idea? Thanks.

Just call them and find out. Most of the students would have received admission to their undergrad and Honors by now. I think they had a deadline of Jan 15th for Bs/Md program too.

rip I just called them and they said that interviews were still being sent :frowning:

We also received this email. We called and emailed them to report that our SSAR was successfully transmitted to them. It took them over a month to resolve this issue.

Did you receive the NJMS interview through a call or email ? Thanks

I was hoping kiddo would get a call from BU sad face. He really liked the campus when we visited and met some great professors from there during a research conference he attended. Funnily enough he was one in the last group for a live admissions visit this past spring. They closed due to Covid that morning at 11am and we were there at 9am.

Right now he has GW and VCU coming up- he is waiting for Brown, Case, Rochester initial screening and the next screening at Hofstra and Drexel.

And now on to scholarships. The next part of the application season is upon us! I tell my students none of them are so cute they get a free ride- it is time to hustle!

D called up BU. They said that interview calls going on rolling basis and it’s expected to go on till end of Feb. So, we do not need to loose hope on BU as of now.

4 Likes

for ppl who r doing the st. louis university presidential scholarship interview, were the practice questions the same as the real ones?

1 Like

Any input on Rowan BD/MD? When do they send invite for interview? How many invites are usually sent and how many kids they select? Rowan Undergrad had forwarded D’s application to Medical school but no information since after that.

Email

anyone heard from umkc or drexel?

umkc must have gotten a record number of applications for their interview calls to be so late

Absolutely, yes. Its been mentioned in the information sessions and video instructions SLU provided.

1 Like

I just got the AMC/Union interview!!!

5 Likes

anyone heard from temple/drexel?

My UMKC application was submitted and received on time. But one of the recommender sent his letter 4 days after the due date. Application got rejected. Will they consider, if I talk to them.

Rejected? I heard there was a late deadline accepting applications until December 15. Were you late to the Nov 1 deadline because they should still consider you based on the late deadline available. I would call them or have your school call them.

“The practice interview questions are the same questions that are asked in the real interview.”

If you read the tips email sent, it says this statement

is there any indication case western ppsp results are coming out sooner than the 1st?