Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Yes its not clear with Temple! My D got admitted to Temple Honors college to begin with (in early Dec…) and was awarded Presidential Scholarship but got Rejected today from their BS/MD…

Your DD is correct about the nature of these programs W&J/Temple is typical BS/MD while Temple/Temple is hybrid/EAP.

W&J has two interviews - one with the undergrad W&J before forwarding your application and another with Temple Med (if selected).

Temple / Temple has one set of interviews - with Temple Med.

As far as I am aware, Temple Med only interviews a candidate once during this process.
(For Temple Health scholars, there is another interview in junior year but we are not talking about that.)

May be @grtd2010 can help clarify.

The rejection is from TCNJ

looks the same for me too

Hi,
For NJMS - how many people get interviewed and how many people get in ?

Is it through TCNJ?

I think NJMS interviews irrespective of feeder schools .
Our application got forwaded to NJMS via NJIT and caldwell. Dont know about TCNJ yet.

Does it increase chance if more feeder schools forward application to NJMS.

I heard if more than one feeder school forwards your application to NJMS, the chances of getting interview from NJMS is more.

Are you able to get them to reconsider her given that she is indeed admitted to Honors?

Thank you. My daughter got the interview at NJMS (both caldwell and NJiT said they forwarded).
Since 2 schools forwarded, will it increase the chance of passing in the interview ?
I heard that NJMS interview is very laid back and conversation style which someone confirmed today. so being forwarded by 2 schools - would it increase the chance

No, we did not try.

1 Like

No one confirmed but I don’t think it will increase the chances of getting selected through the interview. It purely depends on the opinion of the person about the student. It only helps you to be called for the interview.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. so everything lies in that 30 mts /1 hour interview.

Rejection from Temple. Oh well. :slight_smile:

Not necessarily. there were arguments in this thread earlier people saying weightage is more for the final interview/holistic review of the application. I would think 50% is getting the interview and the rest of 50% of getting the final opinion in that 1 hour. I mean this is purely my opinion. At this point they have to select few people from the list of already shortlisted bright students, it’s tough.

I truly believe that it all does not depend on the interview. People had said before that once you receive interview, all your scores, stats etc are not looked at anymore - and now it is a level field for all who received interviews. I think the final decision is made from interview + scores + classes + ecs + … (and not alone by interview). So even if you think interview did not go so well, I think it is not game over yet.

1 Like

That would be great, if everything else is considered along with interview result.
Thank you @rk1235rk and @mygrad2021 .

@NoviceDad @grtd2010 - Can you please chime in here on what you think.

Congrats! My daughter is waiting. Hasn’t heard anything yet. Did you get an e-mail?

Yes! I got an email from the same email address where I received the supplement.