Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

NJIT has forwarded students to NJMS. Highly unlikely they are still interviewing. Call them up to confirm though.

Hi guys! I just wanted to check in and ask if anyone has applied to LECOM’s BS/DO program and if they have heard back with their interview results. Thank you!

no idea…

I personally won’t give up Harvard for Case, it’s not a T20 medical school and not a great city.

1 Like

Cleveland Clinic has separate medical school program and it’s free. So strong candidates should go thru traditional path and try for that than settling for Case Western.

1 Like

I agree Case University hospitals are no way near Cleveland clinic

One can go to CWRU PPSP and apply out if desired. Do not know if the BSMD seat is gone when applying out.

Going to Harvard gives an advantage though

1 Like

From an article, information about median UG GPA for regular MD.

Among the top 10 primary care medicine programs, the average median GPA for entering students was a 3.78, and among the top 10 research-focused medical schools, the average median GPA was 3.87. There are also several medical schools where the median GPA was higher, an impressive 3.93, including Harvard Medical School, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and NYU School of Medicine.

I do not know about Case but Pitt does not care as they have less rntering MD seats than Case and might be getting top candidates from traditional route.

@Vicky2019 @NoviceDad @rk2017

Do you guys know how many Penn State BS MD seats?

search this thread, it is about 25. Verify yourself.

1 Like

Just I had a look at PMM website and found that last year 917 applications and they offered 45 seats. Thanks

Of those 45, 25-30 ( ~60%) matriculated to PSU/SKMC BSMD according to a post here.

1 Like

This is what we found on Case BS MD

While the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is not required, Pre-Professional Scholars who choose to take it must present a total score above the 94th percentile to maintain the conditional acceptance to the School of Medicine. Failure to achieve this score will result in cancellation of eligibility for admission to the School of Medicine.

Looks like they discourage applying out while Pitt does not care heard two GAP students joining Hopkins and HMS

Deleted

1 Like

UPitt UG is not even a T50 school so you don’t get UG advantage if you apply out. If you get GAP I would recommend staying in since it’s a T20 medical school.

i m in the same situation, no email from rice. do post if you decide to call on monday. thanks.

Yes, out of 45 offered I believe 30 joined. It’s a good program. It used to be 20 few years ago, but they raised the intake by 10 or so and so proportionately more acceptances.

1 Like

Good point.

Applying out will be disadvantage until you hookup with Top guys in undergrad. Looking at Also some they have some top residency programs adn residency director ranking is better than Case