Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Alright, I met someone else on reeddit who got the REMS thing and he is also test optional so hopefully ill be treated exactly the same and not at a disadvantage compared to those with scores. Thanks so much

Does anyone have tips for the interview?

2 Likes

Is this due today or tomorrow?

did anyone get an email update about the GW BA/MD program? on the website it said that we would get a notification by the end of January

As someone posted earlier, FAU should be sending their invitations out this coming week.

Brooklyn College / SUNY-Downstate replied in an e-mail they’ll start to send interview invitations mid-February.

Best wishes to everyone on the thread,

1 Like

This is from Stony Brook website.

DEADLINE FOR HONORS CONSIDERATION

Honors Programs consider applicants for fall semester only.

The deadline to apply for Fall 2021 is February 1.

1 Like

DC got an e-mail recently saying that GW BA/MD updates will be released sometimes in a few weeks. Not very specific

Did everyone that applied to FAU receive acceptance to their UG? Also, does anyone know how much do they consider the non-national merit scholar? They specifically ask for that in their application for FAU.

got it, thank you sm! I didn’t get an email so I had no clue ahaha

To be able to submit FAU’s BS/MD web form, an applicant needed to input their Z number, which you only get after acceptance to undergraduate.

I don’t know about their BS/MD applicant preferences, but FAU 's traditional acceptance ratio leans towards in-state since the school is supported by Florida taxpayers.

As for NMF, it seems like that is also a preference, since they asked for it on the application, it it wasn’t, they wouldn’t have asked for it
my 2 cents.

National Merit decision supposed to comes out this week,

Best wishes for everyone on the thread.

Hi any insight on Drexel Interview? My D has one end of Feb!

We did not get such email. When did you get this email?

1 Like

I think my D was a victim of Case’s yield protection when she applied via EA route. She got deferred and decided to withdrew her application instead of apply to RD.

Originally, she was going to apply to Case’s BS/MD also but changed her mind. Maybe that was good thing since it saved her a few hours from writing essays.

Has anyone heard from Rutger?

Haven’t heard anything since the initial interview

People have but invites are going out till mid feb

1 Like

@rk1235rk - Last week, about 3 days after we e-mailed Brooklyn’s pre-health regarding the timeline.

Prior to our e-mail, did not hear anything from them or see any updates in the portal.

Anytime we call a program, we are never sure if we are talking to the right person or if they have authoritative answers, so instead, we’ve decided to e-mail the pre-health people or the program director of each respective program if we have questions.

I thought you said you got email from GW. Or are you talking about Brooklyn?

@rk1235rk

Both, Brooklyn gave similar vague answer
 no specific date

Do you know how many invites they send out?

Funny how all these programs expect us to be so on top of things and near perfect, but they can’t keep us up to date on information release times.

3 Likes