Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

IIRC, a short small group task followed by individual interviews. Due to virtual nature this year, things may change.

1 Like

DD emailed a while ago requesting an update on status of her consideration, no reply, so no point in writing to them.

and be at the mercy of faculty for strong LORs to get residency? These tests are there for a reason but now with social justice movement everything is going to P/F. If it’s P/F school prestige and faculty LORs and interview becomes more important.

1 Like

We were asked to apply to Rutger Honors, due to other application essays, my som decided not to apply.

Hmmm…Their website says there is no separate application for Honors college, are you sure it was for Rutgers?
https://honorscollege.rutgers.edu/frequently-asked-questions

As someone here asked during NJMS interview and got it confirmed, you may want to find out if the current students with OOS status qualify for instate at UConn med school.

Well … up to you, depends on how it goes and how comfortable you feel with the interviewers. But knowing that will help down the road if having multiple acceptances including UConn’s.

Someone started a thread which you may want to ponder over in own colleges/programs decisions:

Also there are few others like Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Barrons etc. which if anyone wants to also refer to avoid any lopsided or skewed judgments based on only one website …

You should consider this an optimistic news, IMO. May be D is still in consideration for an interview invitation. NJMS interviews right into the month of March.

P/F does not mean there is a lack of any competencies in residency candidates. The performance and ranking during medical school years is available to PDs.

That is an excellent suggestion, thank you so much. I will pass that on to my DD.

Thank you and agree.viewing it as a sign DD is still under consideration. Assuming rejection chips away at confidence, which is not helpful especially when there are more interviews to come, so we are waiting with hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is no contact number or email id at NJMS side. They have just listed numbers/email id of feeder schools. Does anybody know the contact email id for this program at NJMS side?

Try this: njmsapplicant@njms.rutgers.edu

also you might have luck with njmssevenyear@gmail.com

Thank You.

We wrote to the njmsapplicant email and don’t have a response yet. Please let us know if you write to the sevenyear email and hear back from them, and we can try writing to them as well for a status.

FINALLY got a rejection from TCNJ. Apparently they withdrew my application altogether?? Weird, but doesn’t matter since I knew I’d be rejected anyway lol

1 Like

@9the0girl7 , sorry to hear that. Did you get an email this morning?

I remember reading a post that put all NY BSMD programs in the Low Tier category. (I’m just starting my research…)

What sources are you using?