Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Unless they are beneficiary of some plan controlled by the parents and they do not have access to the funds, IMO.

i might be overthinking this but i asked my interviewer to repeat two different questions, once because the connection was lagging. do you think this will be counted against me? each question was 2 parts so after answering the first part i asked for repetition of the second part.

No, your are worrying unnecessarily. You are right to ask if you needed to.

One can call NMSC office and find out NMF status.

Only those asking for an interview should know. Ask them and explain your reason for not being able to do the interview. May be there can be some solution to do the interview at another time.

How much weightage do the under grade and medical school interviews hold in the admission process for BU SMED? Are they 50/50?

What would a good reason be?

Facts

1 Like

Just got Hofstra interview!

5 Likes

Congrats! I also received Hofstra interview.

4 Likes

Congrats! same here

4 Likes

congrats to you too! hopefully more good news will follow

1 Like

What do you mean

1 Like

Provide facts based reason unable to attend interview. There is no guarantee that school will provide an alternative date.

If you have a situation where you have to reschedule an interview, please talk to them.

If you want to avoid the interview, I would caution against it.
These interviews, while may not give any substantial positive flip, they do act negatively - a negative comment regarding such interviews is not something you want to have.

Many times a stress interview goes like this.

Can’t say for sure. Only BU people would be able to tell. But my guess is medical school interview has more weightage than undergrad interview. Experts can chime in here.

My DD had a similar experience.

Btw, DD received an invite to join a virtual panel to learn about the BA/MD prog at GW.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if Hofstra interview invites are done?