Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

So is the received Rejection for “FAU B.S./M.D. Program - Schmidt College of Medicine” is only for the Boca campus only OR for both Boca and Jupiter Campuses?

I think it’s just one for both, there is no separate program for each college, it’s just a preference of the campus.

Sorry to hear from your DD’s rejection. Good luck to your DD for other BSMDs in the pipeline.
May I know which campus (Boca/Jupiter) sent you the rejection email? Its there in the email signature part?
In my DC case, the rejection email has come from following person:
Director of Admissions
FAU Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
Boca Raton, FL

About this NJMS dean session - we have not received any email about it. Anyone else who signed up and not received any emails?

My D said the zoom link is in the first email sent for interview invitation.

sorry my mistake no it’s not in the email.

Just wondering why would that matter? Because FAU is giving out any way full ride to NMS Finalists no matter it’s for BS or BS Hons or BSMD!

Thank you all who shared insight on my earlier question regarding premed UG programs. Keeping the word in mind for later, I just received an interview invite from NJMS through RU as well as the dean session. Does anyone know RU/NJMS acceptance rate after interview?

2 Likes

not sure but I heard FAU has strong preference for NMF but there were some students in the program without NMF status too.

8 to 12

just received the zoom link for tomorrow.

Same for DD too, her rejection is from the same person. I was just hoping she might be rejected for one campus and still being considered for the other :slight_smile: - not the case.

I hear from my DD that FAU accidentally sent the rejections to all folks who interviewed though they only meant to send it to folks not invited to the interview. She says she is now waiting to hear back and hopes it might be positive. Not sure how reliable this news is, apologies if this does not turn out to be true.

1 Like

Stuff happens…

When DS applied for U of Oklahoma, their BS/MD webpage contained numerous spelling and grammatical errors.

I believe several people have posted the errors they encountered when submitting U Pitt supplemental application.

1 Like

I will take that any day rather than a false acceptance sent to mass. Search Mayo mass acceptance…

2 Likes

I think PMM is definitely a better option than FAU.

No. We are waiting too after Stevens interview. Did you DC get the NJMS interview thru another feeder?

some interesting facts.

So the highest is BS/MD and the lowest is MD-MBA - any analysis? This is an interesting degree.

when we were told we were supposed to hear back by in the interview?