Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

SKMC is part of Thomas Jefferson University and is the meducal school where PSU PMM students matriculate to - is it not @NoviceDad ?

I updated my comment to just say SKMC.

I don’t know the details. I remember her saying it needs no prep, if that helps.

thanks, really appreciate all the info.

1 Like

So fair to presume he withdrew from other BS/MD programs? Or any second thoughts if not?

Don’t worry about the Toledo test. From prior year threads, it does not appear to influence admission decisions. If in doubt, please check in UMKC forum. Your time is likely better spent with responses to standard MMI questions. My daughter’s impression was that the questions were straight forward, but some students might find it challenging to complete responding to it verbally within the short time. It helps to keep the responses concise so you allow time for a follow up question, and practice could help.

You may want to go through last couple of years of BS/MD results threads and private message those who were selected into the programs. Hopefully someone will respond.

Thank you!

SKMC is the medical school associated with Thomas Jefferson University located near Philadelphia center city as in PSU/SKMC BSMD. If you come to meet your elder D, please visit SKMC.

1 Like

Thank you @grtd2010 . Elder D is still at home, doing MS1 remote, but we’ll visit SKMC whenever we go to NJMS. Nice to know that the medical schools are not too far apart, I didn’t realize that!

NJMS and SKMC may be two hours apart by car and a little more by train via Trenton, NJ.

1 Like

Yes, for BS/MD, PennState is tied up with SKMC.

PennState also has its own medical school at Hershey where it has an EAP program (8 year).

It was not clear if you were comparing UConn with Hershey or Jefferson/SKMC.
Doctors that I know of would prefer Jefferson/SKMC over UConn (if there is a choice).

3 Likes

That Is interesting. We assumed Jeff over UConn, but I looked at rankings and saw UConn is ranked 53/38 for Research/Primary Care vs SKMC is rated 57/52 for the same. Not sure how much valid these ratings are. we are trying to learn more about how these two compare.

Hi, I’m new to CC. Has anyone who received a CWRU PPSP interview heard any info about scheduling interviews?

Did anyone do Rowan BS/DO or Cooper BS/MD interview yet? How did the interview go and what do you think of it?

We are having a very hard time deciding. S has admission into UAB EMSAP and Penn State PMM so far.
UAB med school is better ranked than Penn State and is closer to us. If he picks UAB for NMF he will get full tuition waived and housing for first year. Even otherwise, they are giving him $24k scholarship per year.

UAB is a 8yr program and allows students ( in fact encourages them) to apply out to outside med schools.

Of Course, Penn State PMM is more well known. We are not sure how residency matches are from UAB. We have no medical background, so we are clueless at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated.

He has interview with RPI/Albany, waiting for PLME, Augusta and UCF - except for PLME I don’t think he has any serious interest in other program at this point.

Is he going to withdraw from all others once he decides on either of the two or can wait till April?

Ideally we would like to withdraw.

Have not got any interview invite. Did you receive one ?

Just wanted to say sorry again. I finished preparing for the interviews and I am really feeling prepared to ace the interview. Now my worry is how much I posted here and I regret it so much as well as the whole email thing and thinking about it when it doesnt matter. Hopefully it doesnt matter and all will go well but i really apologize everyone.

Don’t worry. Leave the past. Don’t make the same mistake twice. Start over.

All the very best.