Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

OU gives it for 5 years to NMFs but not for full duration of medical school. Does FAU give NMFs tuition waiver ( even in-state only) for medical school ?

COA is cost of attendance - which is full ride. NMF coordinator at FAU explained it as - you will have some money left in your pocket too.

So are you saying FAU makes OOS medical tuition as In-state? It is 62K for OOS and 28K for instate.
During the interview they explained a lot of things but my D never told us about this. Will check with her later. Is it a possibility that they did it few years back and don’t do it now?

It might be what I heard from a BSMD student from FAU few months back. FAU BSMD can be 7 or 8 years. That student finished UG is 3 years (or may be less) and worked for 1 year in FL to make him resident of FL and then pay in-state. If you go for 7 year - then you are still OOS.

But my individual interview is with the med student and my group interview which follows is with the doctor/dean

-deleted

I was curious as I thought standard practice is the individual interviewer who are the doctors and dean of the programs are who are learning more about me because they, in the end, are in charge of making the decision

@grtd2010

That seems like an intrinsic concern.

@REMSHOPEFUL123
You need yoga. And meditation. And 5 finger breathing. And alllll kinds of help. Seriously. If you don’t have an ulcer yet, it’s probably on its way to developing. RELAX.

1 Like

you shouldn’t be overthinking who is interviewing you it doesn’t matter. it is the same for everyone. And all the interviewers will write a report from the interview. The dean isn’t going to interview every individual candidate lol

1 Like

I never said im not relaxed I just had a question and asked it because some REMS students had told me otherwise.

the reason i asked is because if the dean interviews you they have a more clear pictur eo f you and they are indeed the ones making decisions

there are 3 interviews in total: individual one with a doctor, one with the group interview, and an individual med student interview

also in general Deans are not the ones that conduct the interviews lol they are just the last step and finalize who is accepted based off of the profiles that are given

Not for REMS. For rems its 2 and i dont have an individual one with a doctor thats what im saying. the only individual one i have is with a med student

are you sure? I’m talking about REMS

Did you get an invite?

yes and I have 3 interviews on my schedule

Are they the three bolded ones?

yup

the third lady/man is not a doctor, though

mine is a doctor - professors have doctor titles as well