Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I don’t know if it still exists but think noticed a month or so back I guess. In the old interface if one searches for a key word which can match with larger words, it would still retrieve the ones with exact match. For example if one searches for BU it would not retrieve the results having the word "bu"t and only the ones with BU.

But after they made the change one needs to search like "BU " to eliminate the irrelevant ones. You may want to check it and raise it to their attention too if still persistent …

Thank you!! that makes me feel better I was a bit surprised it ended early

Yep, agreed. I noticed that after I posted my reply to you. They show only few search results in popup window, no link to go to all results.

1 Like

Oh no, I hope they fix it. Search is the one basic feature I use.

In the past search for BU keyword resulted in “too few characters” message in the built-in search. Now I am able to see search results for "BU ", but only up to Aug 2020. I already mentioned the limited search results issue (for Hofstra and FAU) to CC admin. I hope they will provide a fix that will eventually fix "BU " search as well. Seems there is a glitch in their search logic code behind. :roll_eyes:

I know BU kids get MCAT 100th percentile without prep :smiley: lot of kids who did very well in general chemistry struggle in Organic chem!

2 Likes

Just a presentation

1 Like

Does anyone know when we hear back from NJMS?

Historically, feeders call to tell about acceptance in the first week of April

1 Like

Last year it was released in 1st week of April. Just curious, what did you do with the Upstate acceptance?

Congratulations, looks like you are the only one that received the Hofstra interview in this group.

1 Like

So my son was interviewed from NJMS through NJIT feeder school. His application was not forwarded to NJMS from Stevens. I was wondering if he gets selected, will his only choice for UG be NJIT or he can still pick Stevens even though he was not forwarded from them to NJMS.

How do you know Stevens did not forward you?

In the past I heard different stories with NJMS. Did you receive official email that they were not forwarding your application to NJMS from Stevens?

In the previous years, one kid applied to both TCNJ and NJIT. TCNJ didn’t forward but NJIT forwarded and NJMS offered him admission. then TCNJ got back to him and asking him to consider their college and they reevaluated his application. :slight_smile:

I am not 100% as my C is also applying in this cycle but I heard you can still select any feeder school but I don’t know how that works.

@Geek13 You will get a call/email from the feeder schools who forwarded you to NJMS if selected by NJMS BSMD. So you will know who all forwarded your application to NJMS. To be sure, please call NJMS whether you can join a feeder who did not forward your application to NJMS.There is ONE list of all successful NJMS BSMD candidates which is sent to all feeders, IMO. IIRC, last year TCNJ did try to recruit an applicant who was not forwarded by TCNJ to NJMS, but she joined NU HPME instead, rejecting both NJIT and TCNJ offers.

1 Like

@Geek13, the faculty who took my D’s NJMS interview told her that her file has TCNJ and NJIT forwards. He also asked if chosen, which UG will you choose - which my D answered that she cannot say for sure now. TCNJ never emailed or told us that they forwarded our application to NJMS (where as NJIT did).

@Geek13 , TCNJ only sent rejections but never emailed anyone (at least I have not heard from anyone in this thread) but we came to know that my C’s application was forwarded by TCNJ also in the interview.

I have to say while I am hoping for good news from GW, REMS has really been amazing in what they have planned for the students. A current REMS student has even reached out to my son to ask if he has questions.

Very impressed with the quality of their virtual interview.

7 Likes

We got an email from Steven’s stating our application is not being forwarded.

Does anyone know when FAU release the bs/md results?