Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Congrats! Good luck on the merit.
On that note, do medical schools also give some merit scholarships? I thought it will be full cost all the time. May be it is very uncommon.

UG at UAB, MCPHS,SLU

My DC received an email yesterday from StonyBrook Honors College Director.
The email body says “We are delighted to invite you to become a member of the Honors College’s Class of 2025!

If you decide to accept our offer , you must complete the required steps on www.stonybrook.edu/newstudent, submit your deposits on SOLAR by May 1 and complete the New Student Preference form .”

Is this Honors College acceptance? Has anyone received a similar email from StonyBrook?
No word on Scholars for Medicine Interview yet.
Thanks.

Congratulations on UPENN. Hopefully he gets 21st Century Scholars program

After all the discussion about CNU on this forum, you still really want to debate the CNU option? I have no clue about the program, but I did not see any favorites for CNU here :hotsprings:

Thanks and no prayers are need for home school.

1 Like

I do agree that CNU was not favorable. Any opinion or experience with Toledo. Like how many actually get into medical school?

Did you check the cost part? CNU bumped up their undergrad tuition fees. Nearly 49 grand per year + some scholarship may be awarded to the merit students.
Check out min GPA and MCAT score reqs also when you do the comparison. There are few dedicated threads for CNU
I came across one here: CNU - BSMD Program - #2 by Gumbymom
Good luck!

too many to choose from. Congrats to him!

Congratulations @srk2017 !! I appreciate if @srk2017 , @NoviceDad and others can post the ECs, plan and the stats once you make a final decision abut the medial school. It really helps everyone. I don’t know if there is a separate thread for these.

Congrats! What undergrad did he go to?

@srk2017 Congratulations to your S, You have three great choices for your S. It is UPenn in the vicinity of Temple LKSOM and SKMC. But your S is going to the one in CA not the one in Maryland or PA. Did your S enlist three as “plan-to-enroll” with AMCAS as required now ? Just a friendly reminder. One has to withdraw from all other admissions except the three mentioned as “plan-to-enroll” on AMCAS portal.

@NoviceDad
Congratulation to your D on NU SOM.

@srk2017
Oldest medical school in the country is good enough hint. Congratulations to you and your DS for making into UPenn SOM. Wish him all the best for the scholarship he is looking for. Cheers!

1 Like

Some medical schools give partial merit scholarship towards tuition. NYU medical school gives free tuition for 4 years to every one.

Did anyone receive Honors acceptance from Stonybrook?

I don’t see ambiguity in that email; its for sure your admittance into whatever honors program you opted among the three. That’s step 2/3. Scholars for Medicine invites should come within next 2 weeks.

We have given up, as SBU seems to just ignore us. Don’t even have the UG admission yet. For the email inquiries, some one from the general admissions sent a more generic response “you will here it before April 1st”.

It’s strange , lot of people still didn’t get UG admission too and they are sending Honors acceptances. I am not sure if it’s rolling. Except @cheer2021, I have not heard from many on this thread about honors acceptance.

My DD received an email “We are delighted to invite you to become part of the WISE Honors Class of 2025”.

3 Likes

Congratulations! When did you receive and when did you receive you UG admission? Do you know how many they accept?