Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

We received it last week.

Even though CA is his first choice going in he wants to see what the other 2 offer. PTE deadline is April first and yes he needs to withdraw others.

There is no one plan that fits all. You need to match kids interests with what school offers and try to differentiate. May be my kid should become a consultant for that. He has expensive habits.

What about a US medical school/MCAT related youtube channel powered by you and DS ?

He likes to work individually. He is doing MCAT coaching to one student I know. He has lot of teaching/mentoring experience.

3 Likes

Based on previous years, do REMS decisions come out on April 1st or earlier?

1 Like

My DD received UG acceptance (2nd week of Jan) a week after we appliedā€¦ and the acceptance email says they had overwhelming number of applicantsā€¦ We did not hear anything about Honors college and we are OOS (This year, Stony Brook has received an overwhelming number of applications ā€” more than 34,000 ā€” for an entering class of less than 3,400 students, making admission especially competitive!)

1 Like

10+ schools have merit scholarships and slowly increasing. Thatā€™s another strike against BSMD path. I know itā€™s very hard to get merit for medical school but itā€™s worth trying for strong candidates.

2 Likes

Congratulations :clap: :clap:

1 Like

I got VCU acceptance!

11 Likes

Deleted

4 Likes

Same I also got accepted!

5 Likes

Congratulations on VCU. Are you done with your REMS interview? That may be the one override this one :v:

Lol yeah Iā€™ll find out sometime before April 1

Congratulations

1 Like

Last year 17 got accepted to Medical School

Yes my son received that email too. It is acceptance to Honors program.

1 Like

Asking for my DDā€™s classmate. Has anyone else interviewing this Friday with Drexel received a link for the interview yet?

Has anyone interviewed for Stockton - RowanSOM BS/DO and/or Brooklyn College BA/MD? How long after interviews do they let us know?

1 Like

Congratulations! to your S and the proud family on his admission to SOM - wherever he chooses to goā€¦