Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Look at the GPA and MCAT score grid distribution for traditional route. UCF allows one to apply out so it can be a good option.

Thank you so much.

Is this data related to Vandy senior class only ?

Yes, to current senior class but I donā€™t have full data since cycle is not over, but Vandy publishes very detailed data every year and those who did well academically do well with admissions.

one important line is
GPA > 3.7 and MCAT % >90 65 61 65 applied, 61 got in which is 93% acceptance rate

This is only MCAT score 515 (91%) lower than AAMC top tier ( MCAT >= 518, GPA >= 3.8 ). There may be a Vandy boost here.
https://www.aamc.org/media/6091/download

1 Like

Also Vandy is neighther a grade inflation nor grade deflation school but weed out classes are tough. Those with clear plan from day 1 do well.

One should not expect more than 20% Aā€™s in pre-med weed out classes in most large universities, IMO.

2 Likes

@GoldenRock
@NoviceDad
Thank you both for all that you do on these forums (This is also coming from my dad who posted here for me at times last year.)

3 Likes

Thank you @NoviceDad

I got one on friday from AMC

Hi, You got AMC acceptance on Friday? Trying to know if AMC released any BSMD interview results/acceptances?

Hi! Yes, I was notified of my acceptance from AMC on Friday and then RPI yesterday!

12 Likes

congrats! when did you interview for rpi/amc?

1 Like

We had accepted until now Seton Hall BSMD and UG premed Honors colleges onlyā€¦ Seton Hall BSMD will be worth it or not after graduateā€¦ Still struggleā€¦ Please, give us any advice.

1 Like

Thank you!! I interviewed on Feb 2nd

Perhaps you havenā€™t read posts on this since yesterday. Please do.

Personally, if I had a C applying in this cycle and keen on going to medicine, I will have no problem in sending him/her to Seton Hall program.

1 Like

With the limited info you have shared, question is how keen are you or your C to do medicine?

What concerns do you have regarding Seton Hall?

1 Like

hey everyone!

iā€™ve been accepted to a few programs and wanted to ask what you guys thought would be the best one for me to attend. here they are:

1. NYIT D.O.
  2. NSU D.O.
  3. USF/LECOM D.O.

thanks, please let me know what you guys think would be the best.

Please wait until the official decision date May 1, to see all your options. One can always apply via regular route MD and become a doctor. 95% of medical school seat are filled via regular route MD. Only 5% of all medical school seats are filled by BSMDs.

1 Like

I am told that 17 got admitted out of 44 (by a poster on this forum) for the FA20 year. SO thatā€™s a 38% acceptance rate for Bacc2MD students. While bvetter than traditional (both %age and no MCAT) but not as ā€œguaranteedā€ as one would think/like, no?