Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Hi, would you mind sharing your journey with Union/Albany. My DC is OOS and will be applying for 2022 cycle and is very interested in this program. Thank you

Congrats! When was her interview?

1 Like

@TensedMom , @ryan640209 - COngratulations on your Union/AMC bs/md acceptance :clap: :clap:

1 Like

You could send an email or call the admission office at Brooklyn college to get some clarity.

1 Like

I was a bit of a lurker on this forum through this process, and I am finally sharing a post to share my appreciation for all of your guidance. I was just accepted to Union/AMC, and I am over the moon. Thank you all so so SO much for constantly posting your insights, information, and reassuring messages! Good luck to those still interviewing/awaiting decisions <3

10 Likes

we did in january end.

1 Like

sure. Will update soon.

1 Like

@TensedMom, @ryan640209, @okkshh - Congrats on your Union/AMC acceptance.
How are they notifying? - call, email, portal update?

2 Likes

Thank you! I received an email. My interview was on 1/26, so itā€™s been 6 weeks.

1 Like

@doctorpenguin Few days back someone posted indicating Tulsa informed this year interview is going to be late, sometime in April.

Congrats on getting presidential scholarship at Tulsa. Agree it makes sense to join if you also get BS/MD. They allow you to switch to regular MD after 4 years of UG if you decide community health Tulsa program is not your preference. GL.

1 Like

Congratulations, @TensedMom, @ryan640209, @okkshh!

I received the email with the acceptance as well. I interviewed on Jan 14th. Looks like today is Union day at AMC.

10 Likes

@SpeedSkater and @okkshh - COngratulations on your Union/AMC bs/md acceptance :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Congratulations @SpeedSkater @ryan640209 , @okkshh

3 Likes

@ryan640209 , @okkshh .Congratulations ā€¦please update your credentials/volunteer work detail to help others

Congrats to all who got into AMC.

Also, when you get a chance after you have made your decisions, please share your stats+ perspectives in the Results thread:

2 Likes

It means what it says, YOU are still in the game. Its waitlist kind of thing for the rolling admissions. Either end of the spectrum will get either acceptance or rejection. In the middle, they want to wait until they review some more applicants.

Congratulations. :partying_face:

1 Like

@psbd1234, I know what you are going through. I was in the same boat last year. While nerve-wracking, it is not over until it is over.
May 1st is the key date for AMC when accepted students will have to take it or leave it and in the past, the waitlist has moved. They donā€™t tell you where you are on the waitlist, however.
I hope this helps!

1 Like

Are you waiting for UMKC as well? Didnā€™t see it in your list earlier, so wondering. Congratulations for all your success this year. :clap: :clap:

@cheer2021 If you donā€™t mind, what undergraduate major did you apply for? Is it Bio?