Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Urology has its own match.
https://www.auanet.org/education/auauniversity/for-residents/urology-and-specialty-matches
Ophthalmology requires a transitional year (internal medicine) + 3 years Ophthalmology residency (separate selection)
Orthopedic Surgery is 5 years residency.

2 Likes

Yes, they were already out and the CA kid I know matched to Yale.

Thank you so much! I’m sure you did great too!

Which ones your D is interested right now? I know lot of them change after rotations.

Not sure, hematologist/oncologist may be on cards. It may change after M3/M4 rotations.

1 Like

I heard some cities have too many cardiologists.

those numbers scares so many here.

Who knows what they do when time comes to apply for residency.

Didn’t someone say those are piece of cake and only issue is rest of the “grind”?

@srk2017 - which forum? I had trouble locating a similar BSMD 2020-2021 thread. Thanks.

SDN mainly for premeds and medical students.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about it.
URoch does such a good job of their interviews and getting a rejection after that experience really feels devastating.
Hang in there.

3 Likes

Factor $400K to $700K for total cost for most BS/MD programs - assuming no scholarships.

3 Likes

Rejected

from REMS? Wait did you interview at NSU for their BS/DO?

Any further word on Stonybrook for anyone?

Sorry to hear about that. Don’t worry tho, there’s always another plan and you’ve got this

Sorry to hear about your REMS rejection. Do you have any other bird in hand or want to pursue traditional path to achieve your dream?

I was hoping that you’d be accepted but your journey to medical school has just started. The opinions of a group of interviewers who met you on a virtual interview shouldn’t impact your goals, even if this rejection means a detour from the BS/MD route you were planning on.

You can be sad about this decision but don’t let it get you down for very long. Knowing that you got the REMS interview (my son and many others on this forum didn’t) means that your potential to do great things in medicine is excellent.

5 Likes

They mostly accept people who are URM. That’s the main “requirement”