Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I think someone on this group said April 6. I was wondering if students who accepted other BSMD programs withdrew from NJMS.

Oh ok thanks! Yeah I know people were saying that a lot of other programs had already accepted students, but nothing much from NJMS :/. I don’t think many people would withdraw without hearing the decision first, but I’m not sure.

Cheer up, Your S has Stanford UG REA, a better choice than JHU, IMO.

2 Likes

There is no waitlist for NJMS BSMD since they make offers to 2-3 times than the expected number of matriculants. There is no need for a WL. Most will wait for all the options to be known before deciding officially. Doubt anyone would have withdrawn from NJMS BSMD before the results are known in April.

Congratulations, BME is a hard major to maintain a high UG GPA at JHU. If your DC, wants to be a BME, it would be a great choice.

It may depend on others who got accepted from your DC high school. Usually most schools will limit number of students from a particular HS ( probably ~ 2), IMO. A BSMD program may be a better choice than JHU UG, IMO.

1 Like

Does anyone know when Hofstra/Zucker comes out? And is it for sure that NJMS comes out April 6?

NJMS may come out during the first week of April, no guarantee on the date. Those selected will get a call/email from your feeder school. IMO, NJMS will send a master list of all those selected by NJMS to feeders.

1 Like

Hi, did anyone else receive a status update from Stevens regarding the BSMD program with NJMS today? I was, unfortunately, notified that I was not selected by the NJMS admissions committee. Thanks!

Did you interview with NJMS ? So it is an update after a NJMS interview.

1 Like

Thanks for responding! I interviewed with NJMS already and am assuming I got rejected after this.

Sorry to hear that, you may be the first one on CC to post a rejection from NJMS so early.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that.

@Zephyr212 Good to see you back! Did you accept Upstate BSMD last cycle? If so, how is your experience? I believe your feeder is either UAlbany or Purchase. DD is going there this cycle through ACPHS.

Upstate mentioned that eventually they want to make the program 50% each BSMD and Regular MD. Right now they are ramping it up slowly over the last 4 cycles.

Don’t expect much movement.
Approx. out of ~ 2000 offered spot on waitlist, movement is typically 0 - 3.

You may be among those but the odds are not in your favor.

1 Like

@aspiringbsmd2021 - Hofstra stated that results would be released “in late March”. Not sure about the exact date, though.

When did you interview with NJMS?

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2).