Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

NYU when did not have Polytechnic used to work with Stevens to satisfy engineering apetite of NYU.

In Freemont,CA

Fremont temple. Tonnes of Indians and donation.

I remember nothing decades ago except Sunnvale Temple. Fremont temple was a ghost temple then. Now packed on most days particularly whenever food - Tue dinner, Sat and Sun lunch.

I worked with Lam Research on East of 880 for few months in Fremont- Damn stock is defying all gravity. Now son joins TSLA in May in Fremont.

Will visit him in May and then he comes here for D’s Val celebration in June.

Seems like there are few. PM the name. I don’t live in bay area but may be will visit next time if I go to bay area.

Every other premed is neuroscience major but my DS is not. He goes for hard stuff :slight_smile:

DD doesn’t have a full tuition scholarship that she has strong confidence of setting her up well for getting into MD at Stanford or UPenn. She feels she will end up applying to BU for MD and hope to get admission. We are just a waiting on lotteries while inching closer to commit to BU.

@compengineer1
Is it Vedic Dharma Samaj Fremont Hindu Temple or Sri Siddhi Vinayaka Cultural Center or some where else?

Yes that is what I am thinking after Harvard undergrad my child should be able to make to BU Med school as safety so planning to skip the BU SMED option

Wish your D good luck with Lottery “Stanford UG” or UPenn.

1 Like

BU will yield protect and won’t give an interview unless your kid stats are not that great.

Interesting data.

https://www.aamc.org/media/5996/download

1 Like

Vedic Samaj temple in Fremont- Did not know there were 2.

Must be the first one, second temple is relatively new

Dartmouth is even worst with absolutely no merit scholarships available. After our first info session, both Vandy and Dartmouth are forced out of our list :smile:

IIRC, we have visited it.

I like JHU or Lehigh or NYU approach- No more things than application and its essay. Merit money at decision- some full some perhaps partial and some none- No nonsense of more essays or interview ( Harvey Mudd, GT and seems Vandy and many more have tonnes more stuff- GT 2 more interviews, HM 1 and so on).

But who am I to make schools give more $$$.

Now I am trying to negotiate with 1-2 schools for full ride but no better option so far.

It is a sellers market.

yes

Vandy likes applications for everything :slight_smile: For UG, it’s tough to negotiate especially as an ORM.

@srk2017

Interesting- Asians include chinese too right?

Seems IVYs send less and UCs are hungry for med schools!!!