Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

Think you are focused and I tend to diverge.

So learnt about Tx med schools and Vandy.

Also Brooklyn not worth and so should be Sophie Davis.

Now just wait for tomorrow!!

Only the college gets to see the results, so you’ll never be sent one unfortunately. Only way you’ll ever know your score is if a school administrator told you.

It is risky to travel even for those who have been injected with both doses as per CDC.

Not currently.

Does anyone have any insight into what kind of residencies students from the St. Bonaventure/GW program match into? Do they match on the lower end of the GW match list, in the middle, or top?

Here is a paper which may deal with this subject matter.

You two need a separate thread :slight_smile:

I have done large amount of biochemistry research in prestigious publications and try to understand wonderful and complex Biochemical human plant where hypothalamus-T3- GI- Pancreas-Liver- Heart axis control longevity and cell metabolism.

Food ( LCHF, HCLF, Keto, Atkins, Vegan, Veggi, Carnivore etc.) is so personal that people ready to kill others like Trump and anti.

After learning insulin/glucagon/somatostatin role in manipulating lipids ( or protect heart), got rid of all meds.

Our Aryuveda rules- Keep it simple stupid. Live like a simple villager and Dal Roti Khaoo and Prabhu ke Gun Gaoon.

So there is a school in Virginia- TJ that sends 20 kids to MIT and Philips in Boston 20 to Harvard.

No doubt why all UCB and UCLA kids come out of CA to all mid west medical schools as the numbers of Premed applying from CA are high. Looks like California needs more medical schools.

The Free Kaiser one will be getting good students now as the pool in CA is large. I saw their acceptance is 1 percent.

If child gets Stanford (I hope he does not ) then I am not sure how Stanford Premed compares with Harvard for T 10 schools admission. I think they are same.

They should be same/similar. Why are you rooting against Stanford A?

More options more discussions.

I was happy with Harvard EA we are done but now Stanford and BS MD’s results are in mix

Think if engineering or weather, go for Stanford. For other, Harvard. If MIT/Caltech, then life even more complicated!!

CDC says Americans who have been fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 can safely travel
The New York Times (4/2, A1, Rabin) reported the CDC announced that Americans who have been fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 can safely travel inside or outside the U.S., “as long as they take basic precautions like wearing masks.” The agency said they preferred that people not travel, but there is growing evidence that people who have been fully vaccinated can travel “at low risk to themselves.”

With scholarships & Room/Board, etc. here are our options and no restrictions on the cost, just looking for decent UG experience and reasonable residency matches in Ortho:
UG/Med School - Total Length - Total Cost
Rutgers/NJMS - 7 years - $216,000
TCNJ/NJMS - 7 years - $276,000
UMKC - 6 years - $470,000
Drexel - 8 years - $560,000

@harvest50 - I’m not aware of special requirements needed to matriculate to GWU from St Bonaventure (in contrast to feeder schools to Albany Medical College). Thus, I would go with the general match list of GWU medical students. It would depend on the specialty and the individual applicant (like all medical schools). GWU is a mid-tier medical school (USNWR #60/#78 Research/ 1’ Care) and would approach it so.

Those are great choices, really can’t go wrong with any of the 3. I went to USC as part of their BA/MD program (no longer exists unfortunately). Had a terrific experience and even though I was a pre-med engineer, I took sailing classes, architecture classes, cinema classes. Storybook looks great and BSMD is worth a lot. Can’t really speak to UTD but free is good. Congrats- you can do great wherever you land for college.

1 Like

Go with Harvard EA unless he like any specific major or research at Stanford? Also which state do you live?

In weekend TV programs, they were pleading folks not to travel yet. Yes , those fully vaccinated can travel but advised not to do.

three medical students in NYC got infected 3 months after vaccinated. As per I know they had symptoms but were not hospitalized. Pfizer also says 91% success rate after 6 months of vaccine.