Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

I am sure CNU and others will throw red carpet for them…

@dudeperfect - Congratulations to you and your proud parents on TCNJ/NJMS BSMD. Wish you the very best for future

Also, thanks for sharing your stats & perspectives.

The statistics in the link below shows those in the bottom ~15% at Harvard are more likely to drop out of Harvard, whether CNU is the likely destination, it was not known.
# Why Did I Say “Yes” to Speak Here?

How?, each class has different students unlike HS. Anyway, it’s GPA and LOR game not class ranks.

Dean’s list each semester and Latin honors at the time of graduation. I know Latin honors is percentage basis like 5%,20% and may be 50%? Dean’s list is based on GPA cutoffs I think.

I believe 2 students accepted to REMS this year had no test scores. I was also a finalist without SAT but did not make it past the interviews

1 Like

@dancer2021 - Congratulations to you on getting accepted to multiple BSMD programs. Wish you the very best for future at Pitt GAP.

Thank you for sharing stats + perspective

1 Like

@dancer2021 Thank you for sharing stats+perspectives in the results thread.
Congratulations on Pitt GAP.

It may be a good idea for those posting congratulatory messages to post a link to the actual post by OP (from results thread). Otherwise, it has no context to it. Yes, one has to visit result thread to read the message.

It is better to keep the results thread clean - no messages or discussions.

Have those messages and discussions here.
Folks can go to the results thread to read about the postings.

Disagree, one can post congratulations there or do likes or claps etc on results thread.

In any thread, if anyone wants to simply congrats or appreciates, use the icon in the respective thread only.
Even in this thread that is one reason, it is growing so big.

3 Likes

I actually like discussing reflections there so that future applicants can learn. Anyway every year we don’t get that many in results thread so I don’t understand the fuss about few additional posts!

2 Likes

Thank you @novicedad and @Vicky2019 and everyone who liked and gave a clap or thumbs up.

1 Like

Posted in the results thread. D decided on BU SMED!!!

1 Like

Congratulations to you and your D!

Congratulations to you your D, @rk1235rk and your family. Yes, as you rightly said it is so random who gets interviews or selections. In your case for example there was every good reason for UAB to at least call your D with such stellar credentials for an interview if not final selection. They are known to have instate preference followed by regional. We will never know why they chose not to, their loss more than yours. All the best to your D at BU!

Thank you @rk2017. Yes, UAB was a little disappointment. UAB and Augusta are the only 2 colleges we ever visited (pre-covid times). But D is very happy with BU and talking to senior SMED is giving her comfort that she has made the right decision.

:+1:
Yeah, only possible reason I can think of is, if some other top student from their high school also applied to UAB (or others) and the program folks thinking that student’s background is more compelling. Since normally they avoid inviting more than 2-3 students from the same school.

1 Like

Our BS/MD journey has come to a close! I want to thank the members of this forum for their valuable advice and insight that provided a lot of helpful information during my daughter’s application process. Special thanks to senior members (@rk2017, @NoviceDad, @Vicky2019, @GoldenRock, @srk2017, and many others) for their guidance through this process. My D ended up being accepted to seven BS/MD programs (BU SMED, FAU, RPI/AMC, NJMS through TCNJ, NJIT, and Rutgers, VCU, Drexel, and UCF). Our final choice came down to BU SMED vs NJMS vs RPI/AMC. After a lot of discussion, my D decided to go with TCNJ-NJMS. Her full stats + results are going to be posted in the Results thread.

Hopefully, next year, I will be able to share a bit of the information that I have gathered in this process to the new batch of parents/students. Wish everyone good luck! Congrats to all of the seniors going to college this fall!

6 Likes