Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

They may still use USLME2-CK score as a substitute for USLME-1 score.

for those who interviewed at UMKC, decisions are out - rejected oos :disappointed_relieved:

That is true and there are lot of smart kids in lower ranked colleges who match well and will continue.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck with other schools. I sometimes wonder if itā€™s worth it to apply to UMKC if one is OOS.

Sorry to hear that but I donā€™t think you should feel bad about. 6 years program is not that worth in my opinion.

3 Likes

@Nm2022 @mygrad2021 Thanks. Even though OOS programs are tough, Iā€™m glad I gave it a shot. My BSMD options keep getting smaller so Iā€™m crossing my fingers for the last few programs I interview at. On the bright side, Iā€™ll be able to enjoy undergrad instead of rushing it into 2 years.

2 Likes

Our waitlist madness isnā€™t over yet :roll_eyes:, DC is in Washington University at Saint Louis UG waitlist - the decision came out today.

1 Like

there is lot of inbreeding for residency and fellowship. I heard it increased this year because of virtual interviews PD/RDs are favoring their own medical students more.

UCSF is also known as U Can Stay Forever (UCSF) because of that. Also, even though they claim that prestige of medical school doesnā€™t matter, they do want to gloat about recruiting from top schools.

Duke has 18 full scholarships. Every school offers more than they have since they canā€™t expect 100% yield. Their goal is to get those that go to Ivy leagues otherwise. But spending 200K + over schools like Duke, Vanderbilt, Rice over Penn, Columbia, Princeton etcā€¦ for premed is up for debate. We asked same question to few US educated doctors (including Ivy league) 4 years back and answer was overwhelmingly no and hence we went with Vandy.

1 Like

Holly mollyā€¦150K/year for insurance? And for OB-GYN in Nassau-Suffolk, New York: $215K.
More than ever I want DD to get out of med school with as little debt as possible :roll_eyes:

No wonder California residencies and jobs are competitive. It cost so much less for insurance compared to other places.

2 Likes

waitlisted oos for us

We are OOS for UMKC, my D got in. We have to choose between NJMS and UMKC now.

4 Likes

Disappointed. 2 post interview rejections and 1 waitlist. Was really hoping that one would work out but not sure about it anymore.

Waitlisted in-state! :frowning_face:

Does anyone know if the waitlist moves? Is there a separate waitlist for in and out of state?

Hang on there. As many have said previously, all you need is one to say yes. Hopefully, thereā€™s at least one Yes out there for your DC in the next 1-2 weeks.:crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

Agree, just cutting down some effort at least in my D opinion

I think so based on what they told in info session that each group is different: OOS, regional, and in-state

1 Like

Thanks. and congrats!

Congratulations!

I would choose NJMS over UMKC eyes closed.

• 7 Years nice acceleration versus 6 year madness.
  • low tuition both UG and in-state med school tuition versus super high tuition
  • superior UG experience at NJIT/TCNJ versus you-are-on-your-own at UKMC
5 Likes