Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

No. We are waiting too!

DC rejected in Hofstra 4+4 Program. Got email just now. :frowning:

1 Like

There is a separate discussion on UMKC BSMD which you already participate in.

What is the deal with TCNJ/NJMS ? No one has received an acceptance call ??.

1 Like

Got rejected from hofstra as well. Kinda knew it was coming but damn this is depressing.

At this point just email the feeder schools for NJMS asking for results

Received an Email from Hofstra saying “We would like to invite you instead to be a member of the Zucker school of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell’s pre-health scholars program. Membership to this program is limited to highly qualified premedical students who will be offered exclusive programming each month at the Zucker school of medicine . Scholars will be invited to volunteer and collaborate with the school of medicine faculty and staff”

Did all the students who were rejected pre interview get this email ? what does this email even mean ?

For a NJ resident, just let it go. You may have many opportunities in NJ colleges for doing medical related ECs and research, IMO.

Praying for good news from TCNJ :pray:

2 Likes

what do you mean?

@coolparent21
Here is a quote from the UMKC BSMD thread, you may be aware of. This may be an important factor in your decision making.

The offer does not seem inciting enough to join, IMO. One can do similar things at places in NJ.

1 Like

My son interviewed on 2/16. We received waitlist notification from AMC last friday. It is thru RPI

Here is quote related to examinations in one’s medical career -

“The MCAT is just one in a huge consecutive series of progressively more complex standardized exams you’ll take (MCAT, NBME subject exams (commonly known as “shelf” exams), USMLE Step 1, USMLE Step 2 CK, USMLE Step 3, In-training exams during residency, Specialty & Subspecialty (if you decide to do fellowship) board exams, Maintenance of Certification exams, etc.), so it really doesn’t make as much sense to think that somehow skipping that one exam at the bottom of the totem pole in difficulty, means you’re home scot-free w/smooth sailing here on out.”

Do you get an email or is it through the RPI portal?

email from AMC. No update on the rpi portal

This email basically means they are offering you admission to their undergrad.
Practically every undergrad has an health advising office.
Hofstra is indicating that in their Pre-Health Scholars program they organize monthly activities with the medical school folks.

1 Like

A student can apply anywhere.

1 Like

A study done a few years ago whose link I had shared in last years’ thread had shown that students from their 6 year BS/MD program on similar levels as traditional path students.

If I can find that link again, I will re-post.