Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

@NoviceDad I sent you a personal message yesterday. Not sure if you got it? Thanks

SDN is hacked today and posts are fun to read.

Must read: The joys of applying to medical school - https://www.studentdoctor.net/2021/03/31/the-joys-of-applying-to-medical-school/

Send you a reply

bsmd is low tier? :sleepy:

So some surgeon told me that MCAT pattern or thinking is similar to ACT/SAT- Is that true?

His first question was what is the score? Then he said just go to best UG as MCAT follows ACT pattern meaning if you maxed out, you will do excellent in MCAT.

Now this may necessarily be not true but makes a lot of sense to me atleast in GRE etc.

Is anyone waiting for case western results in this group?

What rankings are used in general for med schools. I see rochester is 34 for research and 14 for primary care so is it “T34 or T14”?

I would assume the pool increased a little, but i doubt any requirements will change other than perhaps different essays

I guess I should have said “BSMD and low tiers” Just compare all BSMD UGs and you decide which tier they belong to. Anyway, tiers doesn’t matter to most and everyone makes same money regardless of tier.

Depends on your career path. If you want to go into academic medicine or plans to go into competitive specialty, research rankings are more useful since strong research is needed for those. If your goal is primary care only then go with Primary care.

Rochester is a good school so don’t worry too much about it unless you get Harvard or Stanford admission or you think it’s too expensive.

2 Likes

Is it hSDN?

Generally, one uses research ranking.
Again understand the methodology.

BTW - REMS is a very solid school.

Does anyone received rejection letters for NJIT/NJMS?

That’s ok no problem at all. Thank you so much.

Look forward to see all @UCF zoom meeting 4/12.
UCF, like almost all BSMD, the college portion might be a bit of a triple AAA/bush league feeling for many students. Hope all will band together in the Honors Dorm, and push each other forward.

World will be their oyster four years later at Lake Nona.

1 Like

What does this mean if we do not receive any answer? At least they should say something right. Waiting is one terrible thing to do

I was curious to check it out! Found “Easter Basket”, “Bunny in training”, “Bunny”, “Rabbit”, “Egg” terminology representing pre-med/UG, medical school, doctor etc. Is it part of the hack? :slight_smile:

Deleted

Looks like April 1st/Easter prank by SDN. There is SDN hack thread with translations.