Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

some colleges may have waitlist but we know BU does not.

We are not joining BU SMED and told the office that they can move the waitlist but they told us no rush as they do not have wait list

so it is correct BU offer more assuming few of them will not join and do not maintain waitlist.

HPME maintain waitlist remember years back my elder son was waitlisted in HPME

Even if they maintain waitlist, how many actually dip into WL? As per I know only REMS gives exactly 10 admissions and 5 on WL, GAP offers to 10 and no WL. All other schools give acceptances to more than their expected intake and they have some wiggle room on class size.

You are correct Pitt told us that they do not have time when results come in April and there is no wait list

Other than PLME most BS MD a student class size is small

1 Like

TCNJ sent email on Wednesday with subject “TCNJ Application Status Update”.

Thank you so much for the response.
I did not get into Temple program. it is only UG.
AMC is a perfect as its guaranteed program -

1 Like

Thank you. I am leaning towards AMC as it is a guaranteed program.

Thank you. I did not know that Drexel is EAP.

And what is the application update? About scholarship or next steps?
UPDATE: my D did not inform me, she received TCNJ email about scholarship, very minimal, but good to get some.

During the orientation Drexel said if you maintain the gpa and mentioned MCat score you have a guaranteed seat. They said we don’t need to interview again with med school. Is it not guaranteed because it’s on contingency with Gpa and SAT and called EAP instead?

Upstate program is also called EAP. Neither Drexel nor Upstate require medical school interview again afaik

1 Like

I am reading mixed reviews. Some are saying Bio-medical is too hard for students on medical track.

So what’s the difference between EAP and guaranteed admission? Even the guaranteed admission can’t guarantee unless
You maintain gpa and get needed MCat.

Yes, Biomedical Engineering is harder than plain Vanilla Biology option at NJIT/NJMS. Biomedical Engineering is not near to robotics (Mechanical Engineering).

1 Like

Both have similar risks. None of BSMDs are guaranteed by definition. It used to be written on website for Drexel what they have probably told you during interview. Now there is a disclaimer at website - No guarantee of any admission to medical school.

1 Like

FWIW, my son, junior at NU, wasn’t even offered an interview for its EAP, called NUPSP, even though near perfect GPA, well above cutoff 3.7.

Everyone has to draw the line for their risk tolerance. We let go GATECH BME 3 years back.

Does Upstate has the same wordings? It is best to clarify with Drexel on whether everyone that meets GPA-MCAT requirements matriculate to medical school or whether it is a subset of those.

Any advice on choosing between UVA and the University of Rochester? (I am in state for UVA) – I would be paying around 36K for UVA, and I have not received tuition costs for URoch yet.

Upstate guaranteed BSMD program is called UAS - Upstate Accelerated Scholars program. Its guaranteed as long you meet the 3.5 GPA and of course ECs are fulfilled. There is no interview further for SOM.

There is EAP program at Upstate, but that’s not for high school seniors, its for UG sophomores.

1 Like