Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@Nansand Did you get VCU Honors college admission mail few weeks ago?

yes

Got VCU rejection emailā€¦it was in the junk folderā€¦

Same here rejection email in Spam folder

Am I the only one who regularly misreads this thread title as ā€œThread for BDSM Applicantsā€ and thinks ā€œwhoa, I gotta read THAT one!ā€??

same here rejection email in spam folderā€¦

Congratulations for all the folks who got the interviewā€¦Good luckā€¦

Does anyone know the differences or recommend which program to choose at FAU?

Someone stated earlier that they got rejected at AMC today. Was that via email Or snail mail?

We sent our union/amc supplement 12/20, no updates since then.

does anyone know when gwu/gwu comes out?

VCU rejection email in Junk folder, one less thing to worry. Good luck to all who are going to next step.

Got VCU rejectionā€¦losing all hope now

@bsmdseeker2019

why?

Do not lose hope. All you need is one YES.
Also, remember only 5% of physicians take BSMD route.

Yes, also at the rate the existing direct programs being closed it may be 4 or even 3% shortly.

@sunitacarmen same here. Submitted on 12/18 for Union/AMC and waiting.

Earlier rejection of AMC was confirmed as RPI/AMC. I guess it was email as AMC is dealing only with emails.

So they may be getting to Union/AMC deck next.

@brown2024 You do not have to visit the bsmd schools that you apply. If you get an interview, you will visit those schools. In my experience, visits to UG schools are overrated. DD got into UCB, UCSD & USC (Out of State) without any visits.

I am from NJ.

@GoldenSateDad, Thanks for the information really appreciate it.

got VCU interview OOS. I donā€™t think they have instate preference

Just a reminder to everyone- all it takes is one interview. Most programs have approximately a 50% or so interviewee acceptance rate, which is fairly decent. Especially since most programs put everyone at the interview stage on a level playing ground, as long as you prep well and practice a lot, you can be fairly confident in your chances of getting in.

To all the students without anyone interviews at this time- last year, by this time of year, I had 10 rejections before I even got my first medical school interview in late January. And yet, somehow, at the end of the day, I still did fairly well in terms of accepted programs.

Put it this way: itā€™s not about how many interviews you get, itā€™s all about how well you do in each of them. I know friends whoā€™ve gotten 5 interviews and not gotten a single acceptance, while on the other hand, people with 1 interview get in.

So regardless of how your fellow applicants and friends brag about getting X amount of interviews, remember this line by Eminem: ā€œthis opportunity comes once in a lifetimeā€