Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Our personal experience with admissions staff at various reputed institutions we have toured is cordial, professional, illuminating, patient, respectful, understanding … Well can’t think of one that can be characterized slightly on the negative side. Spoke to several of them over the phone and communicated on emails trying to help D during time crunch admissions process. Similar experience! We just came across one person at Dartmouth, well not even sure if she was a full fledged admissions person or one on the side who was just asked to chip in during the event, that was kind of impatient when she didn’t understand my question, D had to chime in. D chose not to apply there, not for that reason though. For some reason D didn’t like the person at Princeton even as she patiently stayed back to answer our questions, but I found her to be just fine.

Folks calm down…Lets focus on helping each other…

There should be a disagree/dislike button too:)

@sajju786 - I don’t think alumni interviews have no bearing on BSMD admissions. Even for UG admission I hear they don’t have much positive influence. I think they may hurt more than help. My son had lot of back and forth interaction with Harvard alumni (since he wanted to know more about his computational research) but still got waitlisted.

@srk2017 …sometimes to much back and forth interaction is not good with Alum interviewers, you typically just send a thank you note after the Alum interview…my 2 cents…

Has anyone received med school supplemental application from Hosftra yet?

Legend strikes…peace…

Same here. Submitted Union/AMC supplemental on Dec 18, but have not heard from them yet.
Drexel sent an email today that they forwarded to Medical College and to pay $100 processing fee.

Regarding College Visits, they are time consuming, need to be coordinated with high school schedule and expensive. We visited 6-8 schools around home . We were familiar with CA. You can get a lot of information by attending college specific information sessions and get your question answered by reps there.

DD has a few of these alumni interviews for UG admission. I do not think those had any substantial influence on the final outcome. Just go and relax, enjoy.

not hearing back from BU yet is stressing me out haha - do they send rejection emails?

@sajju786
You are welcome

Re: Alumni interviews
I think most folks here have answered your question.
Brown alumni interviews have practically no bearing on your admission.

Most of these interviews are in a Starbucks or a cafe.
It is conversational and use this to learn more about the college and program.

All the very best.

@brown2024
You are welcome

Did anyone get GW BS/MD interview, my friend’s S got an invite for Feb 11th for interview via email…

I thought GW will send supplemental application? Suprised to know that they are directly sending interview invites

@bamd… when we did apply through common app we did fill out essay for whey medicine, so I doubt there is any supplement for GW…

@sajju786 - Alumni is the one who asked information about the research and had follow-up questions.

@srk2017 …oh ok

@Sajju786 GWU/GWU portal page says interview notifications will be sent by end of January

Has anyone gotten the Wayne State Med-Direct Notification yet? They said the decisions would be made by today.