Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Congrats nonetheless : )

FYI Having a good SAT/ACT score help, does not guarantee anything. I personally know of applicants with perfect SAT/ACT and GPA who did not even get an interview and couple after interview did not get selected in top programs. There are students with 1400 SAT and 3.8 GPA in the program’s. EC’s and essay also matter.

Even with strong ECs, nothing is granted. Gender, ethnicity and state/region are also important…Each program has their own requirements.

Did anyone get BU notification for Feb 8th and/or GWU notification during last week?

@BuddyH @bsmd1826 @GoldenRock @srk2017 @vvtuav @glossylamp @rk2017

If you are an ORM, it will very very very unlikely to get an interview call for BS/MD with 1400 SAT unless other factors like your ACT score>=34 or you have a Nobel prize or Olympic medal or the biggest donor pulled strings for you.

With 1400 SAT, you can potentially get interview calls for BS/DO programs.

Re:1530 SAT, it is in the realm of possibility but I would place it as borderline.

Irrespective of the score translation by College Board, most BS/MD programs translate ACT=34 to SAT=1540.

@BuddyH - I agree with @GoldenRock - give ACT if feasible. Since section of ACT is more like Reading comprehension of SAT, if you struggled in reading comprehension, you may want to practice extra on the science section of ACT.

@NoviceDad Approximately how many OOS get umkc interview invites?

@grtd2010 …thanks called today NJMS and got conformation that they received my S application from Rutgers in Newark and it will be reviewed and if invited for an interview it will now till March…

@glossylamp …what’s your interview date for BU we will be interviewing this Friday…

Did NJMS interview decisions for NJIT come out yet?

@bsmdseekerskg …(973)972-4631

Have people started interviewing for NJMS through NJIT?

Has anyone received interview from GW? Thx!

@IntroMom … yes some did get interview form GW and it is scheduled on Monday Feb 11th…

@SBSapphire Yes, at least one person mentioned (1-2 days ago) getting NJMS interview through NJIT

@sajju786 My application also moved on! Do you know how many who move on get NJMS interviews?

@Cherax…no I don’t other senior guys in the thread can help with your question…@GoldenStateDad

Yes my daughter got NJMS interview via email on last Friday.

@Jaswant …what are the interview dates for NJMS???

@Sajju786, They asked us to pick one of the below dates. I am not sure they have sent out all the interview notifications but we got one on Friday. Good luck everyone!!
1/23,1/31,2/11,2/14,2/18.

Thanks @Jaswant