Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Yes, @bamd the applications are separate and must be forwarded too.

Information is from NJMS, but a confirmation of forwarding is sent from the undergrad as well.

Best of luck to all!

@CurleyFries the Assistant Dean of Admission for Pre-Professional Program from Rutgers-Newark emailed first about forwarding the application to NJMS and received an email from NJMS within an hour to schedule the interview. Hope this helped!

@rk2017 - I thought Rochester and Brown have better residency outcomes than BU, but I will with your analysis and say BU is better :wink:

Gap years are very common now with traditional applicants and some 7 year BSMD students. One 7 yr BSMD student I know took gap in your after 2nd or 3rd year of med school to be competitive for residency.

Folks, is gaining admission to Drexel’s honor program a pre-requisite to their BSMD? If not, is it still advantageous to apply from a BSMD admissions perspective? Thx

Also wanted to thank all those who take the time to give advice and provide valuable insights in this forum. It’s been 5 years since our DS was accepted to several BSMD programs (and decided to choose one of them over Ivys. Best choice he made). It appears that the crapshoot that BSMD admissions are, is still the norm for our younger DS ?

My DS got rejection from REMS…

rejected from REMS

Rejected by REMS lol. Didn’t get anything from GW so I was probably rejected by them too. Oh well.

@sunitacarmen did you hear back from Union/AMC?

No news from either BU or GWU/GWU :blush:

REMS interview invites are out. Good luck to everyone!

DS is invited to the interview.

Congratulations to you and your DS @GoldenStateDad

@PPofEngrDr payers are the insurance companies and medicare. You are talking something different. All board certified MDs are same as far as payers go. One generates revenue by billing to payers and that determines one’s income directly or indirectly.

Rejected from Rems.
@GoldenStateDad Congratulations!!!

Thanks, @whitecane and @bsmdseeker2019

It’s a three-day event (Thu to Sat) with the current student hosting the candidates. They invited 50 to the interview.

Anyone with thoughts/suggestions on REMS program, how good it is etc.

@PPofEngrDr Agree, a typical UG (non-state school) will cost close to $65-70k e.g. Drexel UG. If you get full-tuition scholarship, you will save nearly $200k. This will nearly pay tuition for most state medical schools. If you invest $200k for the duration of UG, you get an extra cushion for Medical School. All you have to pay is living expenses and travel probably during medical school. It also teaches kids financial independence and responsibility. You become a MD nearly debt free. After your residency and board certification, no one cares whether you attended Harvard, HPME, PLME,NJMS, BU or any other prestigious school.

@DSOF20192023

Nope.

Anyone applying to CUNY’s program receive anything. It said on the website they conduct interviews during late January and March.