Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@MaMaTEN - thanks for the info. heard of it for the first time. Says Nov 15th is the deadline for MD program selection (it does not allow in common app now). BTW Case interview notifications will be sent out tomorrow (per email yday from Case).

@MaMaTEN thanks for the info on Purchase’s program.
Just to clarify, are you saying they told you only 10 applied for the Purchase/SUNY program? It seems like a good program, surprised only 10 applies, even though its new.
My son applied, but didnt get interview…would you say it would be worth calling Ms. Reid? Thanks

Called SUNY update and got this information.

http://www.upstate.edu/com/admissions/options/bs-md.php

This year we can not apply for BS/MD program.

This is new program and they have agreements with 2 colleges (Update and Albany) in place and interviewed first set of people and second in March. Albany shortlisted 130 and Upstate smaller set. They are going to pick 10 each.

Total of 12 collages are going to be in this program (agreements are not yet done with others).

Another option suggested is early assurance program (when they are in sophomore). No restriction on UG college.

Hope this clarifies.

UConn interviews and rejections decisions have been released.

Received a general email from Northwestern HPME that they have started sending interview notifications and would continue on rolling basis. Did anyone get interview notification today ?

Got rejection from UConn

@Cherax how were you notified

@bsmdseeker2019

@ZacharyGelfond

Via email

@bsmdseeker2019 did they update the portal, I have nothing in my spam.

No just email

Anybody else not get anything from uconn

Did anyone received interview invite from NW Hpme today?

Nothing from UConn.

Me neither

I didn’t get anything from Uconn either… is it in the portal? I even checked my spam. Also anyone get any interview updates from NW?

l

Many of the colleges just like spread even declines over several days or even weeks/months.

My DS got an interview from UConn, do they prefer instate?
Any selection stats for out of state applicants?

For all those attended BU interviews…
What are the interview days and how many were invited?