Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

I did not get anything from UConn yet.

I too did not get anything from UConn

@bsmdchat20 and others,

Yes, UConn is known to prefer in state students, both at interview and acceptance stages.

@bsmdchat20
It is my understanding that UConn selects ~2 OOS candidates.

HPME sent me an email as well that Interviews are coming soon. Based on last year, my friend said they will start rolling from Monday onwards

@ NoviceDad
Just 2, very less chances in that case

@bsmdchat20
If you get an interview, give your best - that is in your hands.

After that, it is out of your hands. So, don’t worry too much about it.

Give your best.
All the very best.

@NoviceDad by any chance do you know about u of south alabamas bsmd admission status for OOS

does anyone know when drexel will be coming out

Has anyone heard back from W@J/Temple? We had a phone interview with W&J couple of weeks ago and nothing after. Does Temple call or do they send e-mail notifications for interviews (this is for their BSMD program with W&J, not temple/temple)? Thx

@ZacharyGelfond,

Not sure what you are asking about USA, but guess you mean the OOS chances there. The neighboring reputed UAB’s program is known to have a strong preference for IS followed by regional candidates.

So by extension, I would imagine similar disposition at South Alabama. Hope to be proved wrong though, for the benefit of all the OOSers applying there.

Yes they have a strong in state preference, just wondering average how many oos are accepted and average class profile @rk2017

@bsmdchat20
If UConn takes only ~2 OOS, I am sure they won’t be calling more than ~7-8 candidates from OOS, so don’t worry

@ZacharyGelfond
Univ of South Alabama is practically an in-State program.

I do not have the exact numbers for OOS.

I usually don’t recommend folks to apply to any Alabama programs if OOS.

Anyone hear from Pitt beyond the invitation to apply to GAP?

Based on previous years, Pitts will be out around Feb 8.

UAB takes 15 and typically accepts 9 IS and 6 OOS. Difficult one but but still worth trying if interested.

Good luck if you applied to CWRU.

@GoldenStateDad,

Of the 6 you mentioned for OOS, 3 or may be even 4 may be earmarked for regional as I mentioned above (neighboring states like GA, MS etc). The rest can be considered truly OOS.

However as @bsmdseeker2019 rightly pointed out earlier, if one is invited for interview for OOS, they have as decent a shot as anyone else.

If you didn’t hear anything from Pitt
 including the portal, it’s basically a rejection isn’t it?

did anyone hear anything from case western?

@HELP2018 it came out