Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@ZacharyGelfond can you share what program NSU is with full ride?

@MaMaTEN presidential scholarship, only given to 5 people.

How many Case Western PPSP alternates end up getting the interview?

Unfortunately, didn’t get a Case interview. @yungshey SBU interview was quite fun, don’t stress about it. They choose 50% to move on to GW (16 of 32 invited for the first interview).

The NJMS interview is somewhat of an anomaly, only an hour compared to the usual 5-6 hour programs. Thoughts? (Not complaining, just curious).

does brown send out interviews or is it along with when their normal undergraduate admissions come out?

@Cherax Did you already interview with them? And they select 50% to move on… thought the percentage was much much less?

@akacollege23 Brown does not have a separate PLME interview, although your alumni interviewer will ask you PLME-focused questions.

@yungshey Yes, I attended the first session yesterday. There are 32 who were invited to interview with SBU, they told us that 15 would be forwarded to GW. They gave us a handout with facts and figures – PM me for more.

@RiceBits when did you get your UMSI request?

Thanks @NoviceDad, I will convey your wishes to her!

@ZacharyGelfond did you get into Nova and/or scholarships?

has anyone heard any updated from SLU?

@Sean11 i hear back next week.

@sean1111 I heard about the presidential scholarship but not medical scholars. I emailed my counselor and found out that the medical scholars program does not have an interview and that we hear back about it during the first week of March, around the same time as we hear back about the presidential scholarship.

@pun2018 thanks for the update

My DS got an interview with Case. Any advice from anyone on interview preparation would be much appreciated.

@glossylamp D received Texas Tech Umsi BS/MD interview email on Friday. Also, the portal shows an extra tab for Interview now. Interview is on Feb 22. Good luck!

When does Stony Brook start coming out?

@clapadap Congrats! When did your DS receive the notice and are you IS?

@clapadap

Congratulations, probably you are the only among current active members here to get interview notification from Case. Previously I saw just couple of notifications from URochester.

Nice. Congratulations! No communication for us yet.