Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Rejected from GW

Me too.

GW reject

GW reject pre-interview too

@bsmdseekerskg flight cost and/or other logistics expenses for any interview is necessary evil. there is no single answer that would suggest one way the other. But most extreme case is, one has few BS/MD interviews in pocket and therefore can take calculated risk to skip SLU one. The other extreme, one doesn’t have any single BS/MD interview so far and its leaning more and more towards UG then this is an opportunity worth to explore. Again where one fits on spectrum and what are their financial needs are going to be big factor to worth trying. Last year we combined the SLU presidential with UMKC interview and it was a good 5 days excursion as a family in relatively warmer climate.

What are the benefits of the SLU program? Is it guaranteed seat or interview?

Does anyone know if you say that you are still interested in Northwestern Undergrad if this affects your HPME admission chances?

@dooblydoo Most likely does not, they are two separate committees.

Rejected from GW.

@101study101 assume you are referring to med scholar program.
SLU med scholar is Early Conditional Acceptance (no interview for that, its part of application). MCAT is just formality, main kicker is 3.65 GPA (math/science). Failure to do so will put you traditional UG route.
Your can find its requirements at https://www.slu.edu/scholars/medical-scholars/overview.php
Main disadvantage is restricted option to apply to other medical schools.
Last FAQ at https://www.slu.edu/scholars/medical-scholars/index.php is addressing that.
So some one doesn’t want to attend grade deflation UG this can be very useful for BS/MD with GPA maintained.
If you get presidential scholarship then this is a no-brainer.

@dooblydoo
Any reason why you would want to say you are not interested in NU undergrad?

@NoviceDad Precisely the opposite. They sent out an email stating that if we were still interested in NU undergrad if not chosen for HPME, to contact them. dooblydoo is asking: if we send an email saying “yes I am interested in NU if not selected for HPME,” does that hurt my chances for HPME (since they haven’t finished decisions).

No I actually wanted to say I was interested in the UG, but wasn’t sure if that would mean I would be less competitive for HPME.

@dooblydoo

@Cherax

Say yes - It Can only be positive

Does anyone know anything about the new program at SUNY Purchase?

See post #2537

@ bamd thank you for the information and good luck for the interview.
Were you notified by NJMS via mail or email?

@rk2017 Thank you. Called BU this morning. We can only apply for one program and UG is different. BS/MD Interviews goes till Feb end so was advised to move into UG in the first week of March. Need to send out email for that.

We are considering UG path in BU.

@DSOF20192023,

Won’t moving to UG path in March put you at a disadvantaged position with respect to any merit awards? Did you ask them?

Final decisions out for SUNY Upstate Medical University BS/MD programs. Got in for Purchase/Upstate 8 year BS/MD! Still waiting to hear back from other medical school and still have many interviews ahead of me, but it does feel great as this one was one of my top choices! BEST of luck to everyone still doing the interviews and waiting to hear back! You’re all amazing and deserve the best!