Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@ekballerbsmd2019 First off, congrats! I’m really excited for you. I also got a call from Krystal Ripa earlier today, and I’m also accepted into the eight-year Purchase program. I probably met you at the interview lol. Congrats on your first bs-md acceptance, this is also my first BS/MD acceptance.

@BarkLouder Congratulations on your first acceptance and hopefully many more to follow.

UAB final results may be coming out within a day or two

@bsmdalien

Where did you find the UAB date? I know that last year, UAB decisions were out on Feb 02 but just wondering. Did you attend the interview?

@GoldenStateDad
A friend of mine did. Usually they come out with final results after a week or so.

@bsmdalien

ok, thanks. I am expecting them too in a couple of days, but this time they gave two weeks lead time to decisions to the folks who attended the interview. The website still says within one week from the interview date (01/25). Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Good luck @GoldenStateDad , hoping for the best. And congratulations to everyone who has already gotten into a program!

@sajju786 FAU pipeline program interview is on February 20th

Can someone link @GoldenStateDad’s post on approximate release dates based on previous years? I cannot find it; thanks!

Thanks…@OVOGang…yes FAU Pipeline interview is on Feb 20th…

Wait I’m confused for FAU then because my interview date for them is Feb 13th.

Any tips on how to prep for vcu gmed interview.

@Bigman1234 …probably FAU has multiple days for interview you got Feb 13th we got Feb 20th…

@whitecane

VCU is MMI. Google MMI and you will find lots of websites/tips/suggestions on how to prepare for MMI. Basically, it’s like Casper in-person (if you have taken Casper). Also, there might be booths for teamwork, role-play, etc. While it sounds like a stressful interview, all the feedback I received so far from multiple folks is that it’s very fun and works in favor of the student. One cannot really prepare/predict the questions so, there is not much to prepare.
Good luck!

@GoldenStateDad Do you happen to have a reference to the post where you detailed the predicted release dates of many programs?

@rk2017 Thanks for that tip. I thought about it but did not talk to them. I will call them tomorrow.

@ekballerbsmd2019 @MaMaTEN Congratulations!

@ekballerbsmd2019 Congratulations. Can you let me know what was your major choice at Purchase
@barklouder Congratulations. Can you also let me know what was your major choice at Purchase.

I will apply in next application cycle and interested in knowing what major to choose when applying for the program.
Could you also advise how was the upstate interview… Any tips. Thanks.

@MaMa Ten Congratulations on your Albany/Upstate acceptance. Can you please advise what major did you choose for Albany application. Also any tips for Upstate interview. Thanks.

@GoldenStateDad I’m relieved to hear that the VCU interview is favorable towards applicants! Do you have any advice on things not to do, because I am unknowledgeable on how they reject students because all students with an interview tend to have very strong credentials and a commitment to medicine?

@MaMaTEN Congratulations. Can you please advise what was your major choice at Albany. Thanks.