Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

NU HPME

Last year, the last interview dates were Feb 27-28.
You get about 2 weeks notice.

@NoviceDadā€¦this year could be Feb 26th and 27th Tuesday and Wednesdayā€¦,hopefullyā€¦

Hey everyone! I was selected as a finalist for the Case Western PPSP BS/MD program and was wondering if anyone has any information regarding the structure of the interview.

For Caldwell/NJMS, are you committed to NJMS, or can you apply to other programs?

@Arnkim, congratulations! Looks like you are only person got the notification from case, are you IS or OOS?

Iā€™m am OOS (Texas). I couldnā€™t believe it honestly.
Iā€™ve accepted the interview request, and now looking for information about how to best prepare. @Greentree2000

Congratulations @Arnkim

@BarkLouder @ekballerbsmd2019
I recently found out that I got into the SUNY Albany/Upstate program. If you guys decide to choose this program, would you prefer the Binghamton Clinical for 3rd year, or would you rather do the Syracuse Clinical for 3rd year? I remember that after our MMI, they said that since we would be the first roster of students to go through this program, we can choose either of the facilities and get our guaranteed preference. Congrats by the way and good luck for the other programs!

Thanks!! @sajju786

@redcloud17 did you hear back from Caldwell after phone interview that your app was sent to NJMS?

@Stressed0ut01 SUNYAlbany/Upstate for Bing it is more follow your patients and rural. If you want many cases at hospital they said stick w staying at Upstateā€¦ but we can decide awhile into program, so we can wait to hear others talk about it first :slight_smile: . Where are you from? I am in Rochester, NY

@MaMaTEN I was thinking about during Syracuse for Clinical cause I prefer urban areas more, but I head that Bing allows you to actually do more things cause thereā€™s less residents. I didnā€™t know that there was time to pick where to go, I assumed we had to pick it if we accept. Did you get into the program too? If so from Purchase or from Albany? Iā€™m near Albany, NY.

General tips on NJMS interview from fellow attendees?

Has anyone applied to the Rutgers Camden DO program? If so, do you have any information on it? Appreciate the feedback!

For those curious:

NJIT/NJMS 2017-2018 application statistics

329 applicants
110 invited for interview with undergraduate committee
48 selected by NJMS interview committee
19 offered admission
13 enrolled for Fall 2018

@BarkLouder @ekballerbsmd2019 hey guys, I just made an account here lol. I got accepted to the purchase/SUNY program too! We all probably met. Do you know yet if youā€™re going to go there for sure?

@sajju786
@glossylamp
@28739collegegirl
How were your BU interviews? Any tough questions/topics? Did they ask a lot about your research (if you have some) Prepping for next year so asking now as it may still be fresh on your mindsā€¦

Anyone else also have any input to offer?

@bsmdadmit ā€¦no more on your personal statement and your ECā€™sā€¦nothing curveballā€¦

@bsmdadmit IMO there isnā€™t a point in prepping for interviews right now but still.

BU was pretty conversational. I think how your interview goes is based a lot on the people you get and your background. My interviewers just asked me about things they liked about on my application.

@sajju786
@glossylamp

So basically you would say to just be very familiar with everything on our apps? and with regards to researchā€¦ I assume I obviously need to be able to discuss it at length/in detail?

Also, were your interviewers for either the college of arts and sciences or even the medical school somewhat well versed in something on your app?

For example: an applicant has indicated that they have extensive research in public health, would you say itā€™s safe to assume that one of the interviewers could be an epidemiologist or something relevant?