Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Hi
Did anyone get an interview invites form NU-HPME or UPitt so far???

@sajju786
Last year UPitt interview notifications came out on 2/9, so may be by Friday this week.
For NU-HPME, although rolling, most of the semi-finalists should hear by end of this week or may be by early next week.

Thanks @bsmdalien

Can anyone comment on the Brooklyn College - Downstate program 4+4?

I have an UAlbany/Upstate acceptance with no MCAT 4+4, so trying to gather information before expenses of travel for the 30 minute interview.

Update from VCU Gmed : March 1st decisions are out. Offering 30 acceptances for 20 seats.

Do you know when Rutgers NB honors college results will be out?

@whitecane Hope you got good news. please share

@DSOF20192023 No Not yet
:slight_smile:

Out of curiosity, if you guys decide to go to a bsmd program, and your school promotes dressing up in your college attire for National College Decision Day (May 1), would you wear something from the undergrad college or from the medical school’s clothing line?

Well, no judgement, but if it’s SBU/GW, I’d probably (definitely) wear something from GW.

Let me clarify, I would pretty much always choose the med school unless it’s NW or WashU or Brown

But that’s just me.

@Stressed0ut01 I think you are supposed to wear a shirt or sweatshirt/etc that shows what undergraduate college you going to (because you go there right after high school), but I guess if you wanted to you could represent both :slight_smile:

@101study101

The person you’re referring to was talking about the graduation cap most high schools give their students. You’re typically allowed to decorate the top of it, and wear it while walking across the stage.

Usually, what I see most students do is put a diagonal line between the two corners of the cap; on one half, they put the undergrad, while on the other half, they put the medical school.

Unless your program has a distinct name like 'Brown PLME", most laypeople won’t know what the program is. That’s why you’re supposed to also put on the name of the med school on the cap.

@MaMaTEN No, I haven’t heard back from Caldwell yet. Does that mean that I didn’t pass the interview stage?

Hi, I’ve just joined the group. I wish I found this site earlier to learn more about the BSMD program from different schools. My D has applied only to the BSMD program from TCNJ. She got her interview with TCNJ early Jan and hasn’t heard back from either TCNJ or NJMS. Really appreciate any info regarding interview invites from NJMS through feeder TCNJ. Thank you so much!

@Bsmd2019 TCNJ hasn’t forwarded any apps to NJMS yet.

@glossylamp, Thank you so much!

Anyone forwarded by NJIT got interview from NJMS?

I know couple of my DS’s friends have received NJMS interview invite emails last week. They were forwarded by NJIT and TCNJ.
My DS hasn’t heard anything from NJMS.

Univ of Cincinnati interviews out

@CurleyFries, when did your DS have his interview with TCNJ? My D had hers the second week of Jan.