Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@bsmdalien - Did you call Upitt to find this information…crossing fingers for all of us :slight_smile:

@bamd
No, based on last year notification date

@bsmdalien - thank you

Hi any comments on CNSU BSMD? Their step1 usmle came out and have improved from 228 last year to 236 this year. I guess we’ll see how their residency results turn out to be on match day for their original class. However just curious if perceptions have changed. They are the only BSMD in CA. Their accreditation is still in progress. Thx

I got the UAB email about early acceptance to the graduate school, but I was rejected from the EMSAP. Is this separate from the EMSAP program? It says I was supposed to have received a letter from the dean of graduate school, but I haven’t. Is it a mistake?

@vvtuav
They are two different things. The email you got was for masters programs.

I have extensive science research and even was named regeneron semifinalist, and have non medical extracurriculars with clinical volunteering.
However got rejected from case western and gw. And have yet to hear from bu and Njms. Nobody from my school has heard bachk from bu and Njms. Not sure what to interpret out of that.

Vvtav, did you interview for UAB EMSAP? If so, how did you hear you were rejected?

@diaash How was your interview at Temple ? All you need is one acceptance. GL to you.

UAB EMSAP - ACCEPTED!!!

First acceptance and UAB generous merit aid makes it almost a free ride. We are OOS. Good luck to everyone!

@GoldenStateDad Congratulations and sure many more to come in future.

When did you get call from UAB for Emsap?

Thanks, @grtd2010

Congratulations to you and your DS @GoldenStateDad

UAB EMSAP ACCEPTED!

Thank you to everyone for being uplifting, helpful, & positive during this whole process!

When did the UAB acceptance call come?

@“Direct MD Hopeful”

This afternoon. It’s a phone call, one at a time…so, you might hear from them soon.

@GoldenStateDad and @elizabeth67809 Congratulations!!!

Thanks, @whitecane

On a different note (and perhaps not many here are interested), UC’s regents are likely to be announced today.