Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@whitecane thank you!

Accepted to UAB EMSAP. My son and I are soooooo happy!! Seems like great program and great scholarship.

DS got UC Berkeley acceptance with Regents’ and Chancellor’s Scholarship.

UCB and UCLA were the dream destinations to my son until Sophomore year as we did not even know that BSMD programs exist. Of course, things/focus and everything changed after we learned about BSMD.

@GoldenStateDad, @Direct MD Hopeful & @elizabeth67809 - Congratulations!!

@GoldenStateDad @Direct MD Hopeful and @elizabeth67809 , Congratulations.

Thanks @bsmdseekerskg and @bamd

@NoviceDad

My guess is @bsmddoodad is referring to Dr Green who is Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education.

Apparently, SBU/GW GW interview invites are being sent out? How many can confirm?

@Cherax yes received SBU/GW invite today via email. Grateful.

Thank you @rk2017 @NoviceDad @sajju786
Your guidance/comments have been very helpful.
We have scholarships from Seton Hill and UPitt. This will help in our decision making.
And thank you for highlighting we can do 3+4 at UPitt. That had slipped my mind.

Congratulations to all who received UAB acceptances and other interview calls.

@GoldenStateDad, @elizabeth67809 and @Direct MD Hopeful - Congratulations!!

Thank you @PPofEngrDr

@mywish4u - You are welcome.

Congratulations @GoldenStateDad, @elizabeth67809 and @Direct MD Hopeful

@GoldenStateDad, @Direct MD Hopeful & @elizabeth67809 - Congratulations!!

@MaMaTEN Congratulations on SBU/GW invite. Can you please advise of any tip for applying to this program next Fall. I am a junior with 32 ACT and lot of shadowing and volunteering work. What does SBU look for other than the standard stuff. Thanks.

@screenshot I think SBU is looking for kind-hearted people. People with a heart for service. And the “why” behind your goal for medicine - what makes you excited about your experiences that propels you towards medicine. Examples. Not I have ,,___ stats. What has moved your heart in those experiences. Find your why and be able to articulate it with referencing experiences. Read about the Franciscan heritage of SBU. Our ACT composite 33. (34 superscore). That is just my impression. I really don’t know. :slight_smile:

@MaMaTEN Thank you. Are you mentioning your stats (33 composite and 34 superscore). Do you think with 32 I have a chance?

@screenshot I do not know about the scores. I thought mentioning ours would help as ours is not super high and he received five interviews and two phone interviews. I thought a 33 would be low. I would encourage you to prep more and take ACT again, you have time. If you have not had prep help your score may increase with just strategy work. We love superscoreme with Tristan on FB. If you have not read the BSMD book by Todd Johnson we found it helpful. Also, FYI NJIT gives high merit aid, Total cost attendance $4K with our stats but we didn’t get BSMD interview.

Thank you for the congrats!!
@bamd @bsmdseekerskg @hoop897 @NoviceDad @sajju786

@GoldenStateDad , @elizabeth67809 , @Direct Md Hopeful Congratulations!!!

Congratulations to @GoldenStateDad , @elizabeth67809 , @Direct Md Hopeful !

My DD had an interview with RPI/AMC on Jan. 21 but did not heard anything from them. Anyone got confirmation from them?