Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@PPofEngrDr Actually, to be accurate, this line is mine not @WayOutWestMom’s in the post.
“It is not a true indication of anything except a snapshot of preferences of a particular set of students.” The point being that it is very difficult to quantify a reliable “measure” from a residency match list.
@NoiceDad has proposed a measure in his post. The number of Internal Medicine matches as a percentage of total residency matches is an inverse indicator of Medical School quality i.e. Higher the percentage of Internal Medicine matches, lower is the Medical School quality. This is very questionable unless there is other supporting evidence.

@NoviceDad You may not like the inclusion of research dollars per faculty member as an important factor in US News Medical School ranking methodology, but it is a fact that it is a reliable measure of the quality of research. Research is an important productive activity of the most faculties in U.S Universities. Teaching is secondary to research in most big institutions of higher education in U.S.
@@rk2017 Agree with you, the survey used in ranking by US News is a very weak measure. Doubt how reliable are these.

I remember someone had been asking before – but Rutgers NB honors college results are out.

@whitecane -does parents have to be there for UMKC interview? Or can we drop our son to be on his own? He prefers the later:). Thank you!

@NoviceDad @rk2017 @srk2017 @whitecane - appreciate all your guidance on this forum. My son has got HPME interview invitation. Could you please point me to the links for interview preparation?

Thank you.

@bsmdbamd Well all the parents came along with the kids.There are information sessions for parents so my opinion is if you are serious on the college it’s better to go along.Students anyway are separated into groups and each group will stick together.Parents will be together.

@nynjdad - my son didn’t get HPME interview 2 years back, so can’t help. There is not whole lot to prep for BSMD interviews in general.

@NYNJDad Can you please let us know when you received the HPME invitation? Some one was saying that all invitations are out for HPME.

@whitecane We got the email yesterday.

@NYNJDad,

I think @NoviceDad may be the best one to comment on HPME interviews since his D is in that program.
In the mean time, you can refer to his earlier post in this thread (I searched by author and the key word “Interview” combination).

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/21941095/#Comment_21941095

Also another senior member @GoldenRock may have posted some tips in this thread, you may want to search with “GoldenRock” in the author column and look for interview word in his posts.

Following is what I posted some time back specific to a program, but you may get some general guidelines for any BS/BA/MD interview from the tips (also scroll down to see another point or two)

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/21906536/#Comment_21906536

Anyone in the group got admitted into GWU program in the previous years?

From yesterdays interviews came to know they have between 5 to 10 seats filled every year.
I believe they do not have waitlist concept, any information or experiences with GWU?

@bsmdchat20,

I vaguely remember someone from 2016 results thread going to GWU. You may want to check that thread and PM him/her and hopefully can get some first hand information.

@rk2017 Thank you.

@whitecane thanks!

Anybody have tips for SBU/GW interviews? I interview with GW Med School this week!

@NYNJDad
What dates are HPME interviews?

@MaMaTEN @NoviceDad Just some clarification. I also received the same letter from Upstate Medical. All that letter is asking is for you to sign into the program if you choose to go to Purchase. It is in no way binding you to Purchase, just accepting your seat in the program if you choose to be an Accelerated Upstate Med Scholar

@BarkLouder that was easy.

@Cherax, thanks… My D made it…

@BarkLouder @MaMaTEN Thanks for the updates on Purchase.

Can you please share some stats on this program? How many admitted and if there is any wait-list?