Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@Cherax , PSU interviews completed on Jan 16.

ACCEPTED PSU/Jeff! Congratulations to everyone else who made it as well!

My counselee got into PSU/ Jeff.
Congratulations to him!

Congratulations to @vvtuav @cy2019bsmd

@NoviceDad , u provide counseling ?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted to psu/Jeff!
@bamd, TCNJ is still sending applications to NJMS. There’s hope for us. GL

@mywish4u
It is all subjective criteria and there is no rigorous scientific proof for any of this. You can believe in any criteria you can come up on your own. All accredited US medical schools are equally good. Rest is a ego booster ( prestige ) as some one pointed out earlier.

Congrats to all those who got good news- acceptances in any US medical school.

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted to PSU/Jeff! Did PSU send out email notifications on acceptances?

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted to PSU/Jeff !!!

No email, just status update on portal

More good news are tickling this year then last year, kudos to this year batch…

@mywish4u
She didn’t apply for FM or IM.

As for her score being a outlier for her specialty—ummm, not really. Of the people she met on the residency interview trail (i.e. the individuals who interviewed at the same type and caliber of residency programs she interviewed with), her score was pretty typical. Matching at highly ranked primary care program requires the same Step scores as matching in a competitive specialty.

[QUOTE=""]

More good news are tickling this year then last year, kudos to this year batch…

[/QUOTE]

@PPofEngrDr,

Perhaps it has got to do with reduced competition compared to the Y2K boomers? :)) if I can use that pharase :slight_smile:
Anyone knows stats at the schools they interviewed at? i.e. Number of applicants from last batch vs. this batch?

Congratulations to all who got in. Those who are still waiting, hang in there, I am sure good days are ahead, all you need is one good slot.

@rk2017

For Penn/Jefferson - Last year, 100 interviewed, about 60 offered, 45 accepted.
Expect it to be pretty similar this year too.

For UAB - Last years, 35 interviewed, ~15 offered, about ~10 accepted. Expect it to be about the same this year too.

@PPofEngrDr and @rk2017

I am not sure what has changed this year but looking at the last couple years trend, my S applied to several programs to make sure he gets at least one YES. However, he received interviews from 100% of the schools he applied to (so far, zero rejections) . We already withdrew from 4 programs after the interview invite (before attending the interview)…so, not sure, what to interpret…less competition this year, or just got lucky?

On a different note, not even a single kid from his school (500 kids public school) received any interviews this year. It is possible that the programs have some kind of cap at the school district level…

RPI/AMC first round of results are out

Congratulations @bsmdseeker2019

@rk2017

lol :)) Its like ranking theorem, we share what we observe, reality may be different. That theorem will be tested once acceptance rates are known.

@GoldenStateDad : I think your S is a genius kid. My S had applied to 6 schools & till date have heard from only one. Hoping to hear good news from Hofstra .

@GoldenStateDad

From number of interview invitees, admission offered, admission accepted pov nothing is changed. All I am saying hearing more good news this year then last year, which can be same amount of good news were there last year too but wasn’t publicly known.
So what are top choices for your DS?