Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Congratulations to you and your son @GoldenStateDad. That’s awesome! How many interviews does he have remaining? I believe HPME interviews go into next week. Not sure about interview schedules for Hofstra, Rice/Baylor and other popular programs.

@GoldenStateDad, @PPofEngrDr,

I was not alluding to the number of applicants interviewed or accepted. They pretty much remain the same.

The number of total applicants to a program is a different story. For example between 2017 and 2018 the total applicants to BU doubled to > 2000 (whereas the number interviewed remained the same ~80 as also the number accepted ~40. But the number who enrolled grew to 31/38 vs. the expected ~50%).

@GoldenStateDad

What programs are you withdrawing from?

yes, it’s a Y2K bug i.e. too many people opting to have kids in 2000 :slight_smile: on serious it’s also because of international student boom that started in 1988 and H1 boom that started in 1995.

@GoldenStateDad congratulations. Can u share his stats . That is incredible.

@diaash - Perfect (or near perfect) stats are not indication of BSMD acceptances.

I understand. Was just curious. Something must have stood out in his application that he has had such positive results from programs

@srk2017

by definition bug is "an unexpected defect, fault, flaw, or imperfection " and I would leave it there. :bz :bz

Union/AMC results are out. DS ACCEPTED!! into Union/AMC

@clapadap =D> =D>

@diaash
Yes, DM me if you have questions

Congratulations @clapadap

@diaash

As others stated it’s not just stats. He is just blessed to receive so many interviews. I will share my observations in the results thread whenever it’s created.

@PPofEngrDr

He prefers BU over NU, and Pitts over BU, and RB over Pitts :slight_smile: …please do not ask me why as I am sure ranking was not taken into account by my son :slight_smile:

But none of those decisions are out yet…So, we just have to wait and see. His BU interview went well.

He is also impressed with Penn/Jefferson, specially SKMC vibe, professors, hospital, and location…which he has in his back pocket already.

Which is RB, @GoldenStateDad?

Rice Baylor probably

Rice/Baylor?

@GoldenStateDad only one who prefers BU over NU :slight_smile:

@Cherax

RB >> Rice Baylor

Congratulations to folks who’ve received acceptances from Union/AMC! I was under the impression they’re still conducting interviews through next week. Do they typically communicate rolling admissions?

@Cherax

RB >> Rice Baylor