Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@srk2017

Blame it on the city…something in the air there which attracts the kids I guess :slight_smile:

If I had an option, I would go to UAB with full ride :slight_smile:

@GoldenStateDad, Did your S received NU and Pitt interviews? What dates does he have interview??

Hofstra invites are out.
Four interview days offered March 1, 4, 6, 8.

Good luck!

Yep, Hofstra is out!

@GoldenStateDad,

No offence anyone, just for pun, Pitt seems to have a 44% primary care match :-).
Also you spend an extra year, but you probably got a full ride for undergrad anyway.
So you may have to ask your son to weigh in the options once all the cards are out.
As @WayOutWestMom pointed, UAB has one of the best orthopedic residency programs, so going there may actually increase his chances, provided he has an inclination to that area of course.

Thanks @PPofEngrDr @NoviceDad @ad2019

Congratulations @GoldenStateDad @vvtuav

@ad2019 – “Do they typically communicate rolling admissions?”

Yes - they communicate the results in 2-3 phases.

@GoldenStateDad and all others who got in Penn and AMC congratulations…

Hi all. D accepted at AMC/Union! Also got notice of Hostra interview. This is an exciting day!

Anyone got REMS interview ?

How you rate REMS other BSMD programs

Congratulations @clapadap, @gallentjill and @anyonelseimissed_mentioning !!! :slight_smile:

When is Siena/ AMC coming out!!!

Union and RPI are already out

@grtd2010

Can you PM me with your number? Since I am new guy, can’t do that. Any help would be appreciated.

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted to PSU/Jeff and Albany(RPI/Union) !!!
Got acceptance from Union/Albany! Very happy…Got email from Hofstra as well…

I got Sophie Davis Interview invite earlier today

@rk2017@NoviceDad@grtd2010…@GoldenStateDad…@PPofEngrDr

Reg BU NMF Scholarship…

Called BU financial aid office today and they told me all NMF who designate BU as first choice by March 1st and have applied before Jan 2nd, will get 20K/yr for 4 yrs at BU.

https://www.bu.edu/admissions/tuition-aid/scholarships-financial-aid/first-year-merit/national-merit/

Are all the interview invites out for Hofstra?

Does Hofstra send all the interview invites at once?

@sajju786,

:-bd =D> :D/

Thanks for sharing, great news!

Congratulations to everyone who got into BS/MD programs today. Good day for many!

BU seems to be one of the very few colleges that is generous with NMF.