Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@anthonydavis23… no a later date does not matter, try to do your best on the interview date and that will help you.
Yes FAU looks for NMF, great news… :)>-

@sajju786

O, what a sigh of relief…

I’m sending good vibes and luck to everyone!! Honestly, no matter what happens, I believe we’ll all end up where we want to be…

Also, do you guys know how many students FAU Med Direct historically accepts per year?

@anthonydavis23…no idea how many they take per year??
Will come to know when we go for interview…

@sajju786 I suppose so!

@sajju786,

Yes, that’s what they expect from high school students.
(Based on what they wrote back to us from couple of years back in response to my enquiry)

@anthonydavis23,

No, later date should not have any undesired effect.

Thanks for the reply, @rk2017 :slight_smile:

Did any one get PLME regular deciaion Alumini interview ? Are these regular Brown or PLME Alumini ?

How do you all know if you are NMFs? My school hasn’t notified us yet…
@sajju786 @anthonydavis23

NMF letters are send in email and you should receive one soon as we got ours today

Sorry not email but NMF Letters are send by postal mail

thanks @trustybsms

Here is OP @WayOutWestMom post about differences in medical school curriculum in US
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/pre-med-topics/2123889-what-does-it-mean-for-a-school-to-have-good-curriculum.html#latest

@PPofEngrDr - No, I am still in India. CC is my jetlag companion :slight_smile:

I just want to clarify some things about Pitt.

Source: I spent my entire summer doing research at UPMC and my cousin is a current BS/MD student in GAP.

They do not require perfect scores, that’s a myth. I know kids with 32-34s who are enrolled and who are doing quite well (also, you don’t have to meet a school’s exact grade/score criteria to be invited for an interview. How do I know this? I was invited for interviews in places which required a certain grades requirement which I did not meet. The point being, don’t be afraid to apply everywhere, you truly never know). NIH research level experience also is a bit of an overstatement. A few publications never hurts, but it’s certainly not all they look for. What they do look for, though, is grades, community service, high interest, and, yes, research. Pitt accepts fewer in-state than out-of-state students for GAP, an anomaly among programs. Moreover, keep in mind that Pitt does not strongly consider recommendation letters.

Hope this helps.

@trustybsms - Brown alumni interview serves for regular admission and PLME program. While they don’t have to be a physician or Ph.D, they’re aware of the student’s PLME interest and will consider this during the interview.

@sangsun - best of luck to your son tomorrow (and anyone else interviewing). Maybe we’ll see you there.

Just wanted to chime in and say congrats to everybody that has been accepted. I know someone mentioned me earlier. If anyone has any questions they want to ask me about the Union/AMC program, feel free to either tag me in a question or PM me.

Hi srk2017,
Thank you for your input.You had mentioned that a physician friend’s son joined CNU. Would you please be able to share his/her overall experience with CNU, research opportunities/teaching, hospital exposure, etc.?And if they would recommend it to new students applying. Please share either here or in pm ( I am unable to pm you as I think I am a new member). It will help my DS make a decision whose effect which will last for a long time as it is a BSMD program.
Thank you very much!

@Cherax,

So you received invite from Pitt med school?