Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

I’m assuming then if no invite from UPitt by now, then that’s it. Do they email or post on portal the rejection.? Or is no news assumed to be rejection? Anyway, congrats to those granted UPitt interviews (though I don’t recall seeing too many of those posted here).

@Cherax
Re: UPitt - what you mention is an outlier case.
(Thanks @mywish4u for that word - outlier).
I know of UPitt bs/md admissions going back 7 years and the conventional wisdom of UPitt is very much true.

@OldSchoolMD,

I didn’t see anyone reporting getting UPitt interview to date (and definitely not “too many”).
Yes, I think that’s how it works with them, no news = Reject. That’s why I had to send emails few years back to followup and probing further for possible reasons. The lady was kind enough to get back to us by email at least. Lately they may have gotten more arrogant though.

Hi @srk2017
Thank you for your input.You had mentioned that a physician friend’s son joined CNU. Would you please be able to share his/her overall experience with CNU, research opportunities/teaching, hospital exposure, etc.?And if they would recommend it to new students applying. Please share either here or in pm ( I am unable to pm you as I think I am a new member). It will help my DS make a decision whose effect which will last for a long time as it is a BSMD program.
Thank you very much!

ALL

I have created an “official” RESULTS thread for this year’s applying class all to post their RESULTS / experiences.

Please use this:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2126726-official-thread-bs-md-results-class-of-2019-p1.html?new=1

@CoolMom10,

@srk2017 is traveling abroad, so give him some time to respond.

In the meantime, you may want to search this thread for key words like CNU, North, state etc to identify related posts and see the comments of various contributors.

Also @grtd2010 posted listing of all accredited medical institutions in the country couple of days ago. I remember seeing CNU listed as receiving preliminary/provisional accreditation. You may want to look more into that document.

Since this is a fairly new school it seems, they may or may not have lists showing how their students matched to various residency programs. Try to find that info to analyze further. If you can’t find that info, call the institution directly requesting that info. Hope this helps to kickstart.

Thank you @rk2017 for your ideas. Sure, will look them up and also wait for a reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my comment. I hadn’t tagged the user in my previous comment and hence reposted it again (as I could not find an edit option).
Thank you !

When do pitt gap interview decisions come today?

@CoolMom10,

Sure, no problem. Yes, it does happen to even the seasoned folks here, missing the “@” while tagging and not realizing :-).
I am glad you realized and reposted. Also one can edit one’s post within 15 minutes after which no other option but doing what you did.
The general sentiment on this forum towards CNU has been mostly negative. But then who knows, it may suit your unique situation just fine. I personally don’t have any knowledge or opinion about CNU myself. Good luck with that any other pursuits!

@GoldenStateDad @sajju786 @Cherax

Requesting you to take the lead (when you feel ready) in sharing your stats/ experiences in the “RESULTS” thread…

Please use this:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2126726-official-thread-bs-md-results-class-of-2019-p1.html?new=1

Hello, My DS applied for Pitt Gap and I want to share the email response I got from Pitt when I requested for the interview update this morning. One more week to wait.

"Invitations to interview have not gone out. We anticipate that they will go out in a week or so.

Michelle O’Leary

University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine

Office of Admissions and Financial Aid"

Hi, I called UPitt for an update on GAP interview invites and was told the same thing - interview invites will come out in the next week or so. Hope this helps!

Then guys it seems the person I had met was not completely truthful. I’m sorry if I confused or mislead anyone regarding Pitt GAP interviews.

@bsmdadmit we all do similar in hindsight and none of us has any bad intention. It is just nature of anonymous public forum. Glad you own it and that is the hardest part to do, trust me been there…

Got into Penn State! Thank you to everyone on this forum for your support and advice. Does anyone know if Penn State PMM is a weed out program where they try to convince students to drop out of the program? Only asking because it seems there are so many acceptances that there may be a very large entering class that penn state may not be able to support.

Thank you @grtd2010 @WayOutWestMom @NoviceDad

Question - if anyone can help?

BS/DO: How do LECOM and NOVA compare?

@Ighosh, @NYNJDad and others who’ve received interview invites from HPME - if you don’t mind sharing your experiences from interviews at NU/Feinberg?

Just received an email with interview notification from Upitt…

@Dreamingteen3221,

Congratulations! I don’t think so, Penn State/Jeff are most accomodative, requiring very modest MCAT and reasonable gpa to matriculate to med school. I don’t think anything would change with their policies now. @NoviceDad may share more insight into that.

@mywish4u,

I believe LECOM is one of the most applied to med schools in traditional route across both allopathic and osteopathic streams. You may want to find out the reason for that popularity.

I forwarded a usnews link in this thread citing Nova’s students had 100% success in matching to their 1st choice residency placements. However considering the source, you may want to check with investigate deeper.

Also factor in the unification process of residency matches going forward and it’s implications.